Houzz Logo Print
katstime66

tiny closet

I have a one door closet and have no clue what to do to make it usuable. There are lots of clothes and shoes and purses. Please help.

コメント (8)

• Angel 18432
    8年前

Can you move books, comforters elsewhere, then i would put shelves above for shoes, purses, etc.

• cypress
    8年前

In the mirror reflection I can see you have a shelf unit in the room filled with knick knacks, frames, etc. You might look to replace that with a pre-made closet cabinet from Ikea at a reasonable cost.

• susan2494
    8年前

Definitely get the Huggable hangers on HSN. I think you can buy them in dept stores now. They will make a huge difference in your closet. Also re-organize. Donate anything you have not worn for the last year. Separate clothes by season (if you have them) and buy some of those bags that deflate and store them when not being used. Take everything out of the closet that is not related to clothing. Get an over the door hanger for your shoes and then plastic bins on the floor for purses, belts and scarves. Hang all the shorter items on one side and dresses on the other, it will free up room for add'l space on the floor. Get a couple of hangers for pants and skirts that will allow 3 on one hanger. Good Luck

• susan2494
    8年前

You can buy hooks that will allow another hanger to keep pants & tops on one hanger.

• Alexandra
    8年前
    Purge, purge, purge. when you have so much clothes, you end up wearing none of them. edit your closet to items you actually wear or worn in the past year. Get rid of items you haven't worn in 2+ years. Ince you do that, your closet will feel better and you will feel like you actually have clothes to wear.
  • Irene Morresey
    8年前
    You have to be ruthless, get rid of things you never wear or put some things in another wardrobe in spare room or get some containers you can store elsewhere, under bed etc
  • PRO
    Inspired Closets
    8年前

Double hanging half the closet will allow you to keep the same amount of hanging an d free up the other side for vertical shelving. I realize the picture below is larger than your closet and is a staged photo, however I wanted to show you what double hanging could do.

Purging is important as stated above.