Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_kane73

Backsplash help

Hello, I am having second thoughts on my original backsplash design. Should I continue with what I have picked out or go in another direction. The first picture is what I have picked out currently with the gray subway tile and the arabesque design to be above the stove, and the next picture is where my kitchen is at in the building process. The last picture is what I recently came across and is having me second guess. Thanks!

コメント (7)

  • 6年前

    With that granite I would go very plain for the backsplash. The granite should be the star.

  • 6年前

    I think the arabesque will be too busy with your counter. I say stick with the subway throughout. Nice kitchen so far!

  • 6年前

    I'm in agreement with the others, and I might add that I think the arabesque is a bit trendy and might make it all look dated within a few years.

  • 6年前

    I like your second inspo photo. I would keep the backsplash simple, as others stated above. Otherwise, it'll try to compete with your countertop and could feel too busy on the eyes when it's all said and done.

  • 6年前

    I agree that a simple backsplash will look best with your counter (which has a lot going on). Subway tile would be a great choice.

  • 6年前
    最終更新:6年前

    We did a simple herringbone pattern (no border) behind the stove using the same subway tile and grout as the backsplash. It adds some interest and, in my opinion, doesn’t fight with the countertop to be the star. It’s an idea if you decide to go with subway tile but still want a little something different behind your stove.


  • 6年前

    If you like the looks of subway tile but want something with a bit of something different. It is an elongated glossy subway tile with a smooth wavy texture.

PR