Houzz Logo Print
nimmy_joseph

Need help with empty wall cutout in foyer

Njp
10年前
Any ideas on what would be best to place there so that it will look good. It's the first thing any one notices on opening the door

コメント (11)

• njschaefer78
    10年前
    Is it open at the back? I'd say a tall vase (non-breakable material) with some twisty sticks in it.
    Njpさんはnjschaefer78さんにお礼を言いました
  • Njp
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Yes it opens to the formal dining .
  • rosecottagehome
    10年前
    I love sculpture. I tall piece would look nice especially if the niche is lit.
    L. Cramer Builders + Remodelers · 詳細
  • rosecottagehome
    10年前
    If you go for sculpture, it would have to be a side profile piece that would obviously look good from both sides.
  • Njp
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    hi njschaefer78
    r u referring to something like this?
  • njschaefer78
    10年前
    That's a fun idea statlerm!

I was thinking more like this as far as a vase & twigs. I wasn't thinking clear glass in that space.
  • Njp
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    loved the idea about a hanging stained glass. thank u all for ur ideas
  • Njp
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    hi statlerm1.. saw some hanging stained glass panels. Will these work? or will it hav to be windows?
  • PRO
    Acurio Latticework's
    10年前
    You could have a custom lattice panel to hang in the space. Our panels are made out of PVC so they are light weight and less likely to be damaged then a vase or stained glass. You could choose a patter that best fits your style.
  • statlerm1
    10年前
    Hi Nimmy. If I were going to do a stained glass window/panel I would be more inclined to so go with something rectangular in shape. As far as style goes that is up to you and what the rest of your house is like. Good luck!