Houzz Logo Print
christine_smith2399

What to do with upper cabinets?

This is a pic of our new home. We don't move in til May. We are picking new counters, backsplash, paint for the kitchen but we are wondering what to do with the upper cabinets? The kitchen is open to the Great Room. It needs something? Help!

コメント (12)

• nechamaj
    10年前
    Add stunning pendant lights over the island!
  • nechamaj
    10年前
    Actually, add a grouping of dramatic pendant lights over the island!
  • PRO
    Schrier Contracting, LLC
    10年前
    Pendents, undercounted led lighting, and crown on top.
  • Christine Smith
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you. We definitely want to add pendant lights and I love the lanterns.
    We are trying to decide what to do with the upper kitchen cabinets? They look unfinished. We were thinking of adding a top molding? Maybe a couple glass doors? Should I add taller cabinets? Uneven height cabinets? It just needs more 'oomph!'
  • Linda Allgeier
    10年前
    The cabinets are too small for such high ceilings, so adding taller cabinets with crown molding. Or just replacing the corner cabinet and end with taller ones and glass doors.
  • groveraxle
    10年前
    Taller cabinets, for sure.
  • PRO
    Michelle Robinson
    10年前
    I agree that taller cabinets are the way to go. I would also add the crown molding. The pendant lights are a good choice. Look at adding some handles or knobs to the cabinets also. This will also dress up the cabinets.
  • kathleen MK
    10年前
    Add square glass doored cabinets on top of the existing ones and put lights in them.
  • makaloco
    10年前
    Wow, I'm obviously in the minority here in liking the simplicity of your current cabinets, the open space above them, and the combination of yellow and white. The kitchen presents a nice clean view from the great room, while the version with the taller cabinets looks top-heavy and overpowering to me. You could add splashes of color to the current look with the backsplash, decorative pieces on top of the cabinets, a plant or two …
  • Christine Smith
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you everyone! We will be looking into taller cabinets or adding small glass door cabinets in top and crown molding. I also found some drawer pulls and knobs. Paint will be a medium warm neutral brown/tan family. Countertop we are still debating. I'm thinking a black granite with flecks of gold/browns and wood on the island. Backsplash we're still not sure of......I will post pics as things progress.