Houzz Logo Print
iwear5hats

Paint walls and ceiling the same color?

iwear5hats
10年前
I have a cathedral ceiling room. It's kind of long and narrow-28'x12'. I want to paint the walls a griege color like valspar's "wool coat". Should I paint the ceiling the same color? A lighter version? Or boring white? The pictures show the tall end of the room. The other end is 71/2' all windows. Also I plan to white wash the brick fireplace to lighten it up. Thanks for your opinion!

コメント (3)

• iwear5hats
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Better shot of high side of room. The other end has virtually no wall space.
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    10年前
    I'm a fan of color on the ceiling - either lighter or darker from the same color family or one of the contrasting colors that is recommended to go with the paint. Benjamin Moore's web site makes recommendations

For example, Asford Greige http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/dc-20 has two recommended "goes great with" combos. Rock Candy or White Christmas are recommended as options -- both pale colors in their classic color collection (I don't work for Benjamin Moore, but I do love their paint).
  • PRO
    DirectFireplace
    10年前
    A lighter color on the ceiling will make it feel more airy and as if the ceilings are higher.