Houzz Logo Print
emmadreaming2

Ideas for nightstand and art in bedroom?

Hello, I’m looking for ideas for nightstands and maybe something to hang above the bed.

Right now the nightstands are too low compared to the Californian King size bed (cherry color I think). I’m not planning to replace the bed and the dresser.
I’m not sure what to put on the wall behind the bed: art? light fixture (not my first choice because we already have recessed lighting)? wallpaper? nothing?
I like purple, it’s the color theme in the adjacent bathroom.

Thank you for your suggestions!

コメント (24)

• PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    10年前
    Your new bedside stands should be tall, but they should be relatively narrow because you don't have a lot of space on either side of the bed. Look for taller cabinets in similar wood colors or contrast it with painted cabinets in another color. Look up "Chinese Wedding Cabinets".......They make great bedside stands.

Find a large canvas painting stretched over a board (with no frame) in shades of lavenders and browns to hang over your bed... It should be almost as wide as the bed.
    emmadreaming2さんはLampert Dias Architects, Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Style-Bites
    10年前
    Hi there! Check out local retailers to find end tables. Target, Overstock are great resources as well. Prior to shopping, measure the desired height, so you know what to look for.
    On the wall I would suggest wallpaper, stencil or art to add interest to the feature wall. It will add so much to your space!
  • Chem K
    10年前
    Is the dresser made up of 2 pieces? If yes they are the right height to go either side of the bed.
    Alternatively here are some ideas:
    AICO Beverly Blvd Upholstered Nightstand · 詳細

Modus Newport 1 Drawer Nightstand in Cordovan · 詳細

Miranda Lamp Table · 詳細

Lamp Table · 詳細
    emmadreaming2さんはChem Kさんにお礼を言いました
  • Chem K
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    Some table lamp ideas:
    Wilhemina Lamp, Purple · 詳細

Dimond Lighting D2162 Avalon Purple Mirror Table Lamp · 詳細

Arteriors Home Walter Lamp · 詳細

Robert Abbey 3307 Venus and Juno 1 Light Table Lamp in Crystal · 詳細
  • Chem K
    10年前
    Artwork for above the bed
    "Purple Leaves" Framed Art, Set of 2 · 詳細

Moonlight Ferns Framed Art, Set of 6 · 詳細

Mini Floral Glow Wall Art Set of 4 · 詳細
  • PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    10年前
    I like this painting.........
    emmadreaming2さんはLampert Dias Architects, Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • emmadreaming2
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you all so much for your feedback.
    @chemayne: the dresser is made of one piece. I like your suggestions, especially the Miranda lamp table and the Walter lamp.
    @Cassie Taplin: I’m more inclined with contemporary art, and I’m like you: I prefer to buy directly from the artist.
    @Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.: the branch painting is indeed a nice touch since I have a real branch in the bedroom already
  • giaglover
    10年前
    I think a wall shelf style
    emmadreaming2さんはgiagloverさんにお礼を言いました
  • giaglover
    10年前
    They are mounted directly to wall at your desired height. Found this pic on Firstdibs
  • giaglover
    10年前
    For art I used an xtra large canvas I found at a garage sale and primed it with kilz. Added all my rooms colors in a random pattern as background. Then I used craft paper and projector to trace image of a flower in black crayon extra hard and ironed it onto canvas pulled back and viola!! I love it! and I painted my bed wall my accent color.
    emmadreaming2さんはgiagloverさんにお礼を言いました
  • bubbasgma
    10年前
    Beautiful pieces, Christi
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    10年前
    Hi Emma, you can check out our page for art ideas. You can order our prints in any size to fit your space. Enjoy and see more at:
    http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html
    Raisa
    emmadreaming2さんはIt's a Beautiful World!さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10年前
    Thank you bubbasgma. I fell in love with the top right. It's an original piece. Which one do you like best?

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • Cyndy
    10年前
    Thos. Baker - your art is definitely my style! What do you have in blues/aquas/teals?
  • bubbasgma
    10年前
    Christ...I love the coloring and content of the bottom left!
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10年前
    bubbasgma...I like that one too. :)
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10年前
    Cyndy -- We do sell art at Thos. Baker, but the recommendations I posted here for Emma are from my personal searches. Here's some ideas/artists that might interest you in the colors blue/aqua/teal, which happen to be top of the list of my favorite colors too!

Top left: "Cold Front" -- Jessica Torrant
    Top right: "Ethereal Mood" -- Linda Haywood
    Bottom left: "Abstract Floral" -- Caroline Ashwood
    Bottom right: "Teal Tumbleweed" -- Lauren Marems

• PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10年前
    For nightstands, I would go with something in a cherry finish that is similar in style to the dresser -- to complete the look of your bedroom set, which is very attractive.

emmadreaming2さんはThos. Bakerさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    10年前
    Emma, if you like teal/blue, here are some images that may work as well. Enjoy!
    Raisa
    Sunset Boats, by Ben Gertsberg, fine art print of original painting · 詳細

Painted By Water And Light, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · 詳細

Water And Ice - Blue Splash, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · 詳細

Winter In The Mountains, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · 詳細
    emmadreaming2さんはIt's a Beautiful World!さんにお礼を言いました
  • Lynnie
    10年前
    You could go a few different directions on this. The night stands could match the cherry wood on your head board and that is the easy fix too. Or, You could go with something more romantic in nature, such as mirrored glass night stands.

It is a good idea in decorating a room, to go with a certain type of "Theme". In other words, You need to decide what way you want to go with the actual feel of the room. Do you want more of a Rustic look, a Modern Look, or a Romantic Look?

I see you like purple and silver. So, for sure bring that into the heart of this bedroom. And, to me it appears to be modern with a touch of Arbian Nights. :)

I am providing a link with some nice colors. I can picture your accent wall where your bed is, painted in Dusty Plum> This article has some great pics and ideas: https://www.houzz.com/magazine/color-feast-when-to-use-purple-in-the-dining-room-stsetivw-vs~14446951

(and see below)

I like your "branches" coming up from the dresser, but not sure how they are tied down. Get a nice purple vase for them to come out of.

As far as art above the bed: Possibly Silver branches, and maybe along side a Spectacular silver oval Mirror. Or just the mirror that has the overall branch look. There are many of those available.

Below are some similar ideas:

http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/mirrored
    Arteriors Oakley Mirror · 詳細

Hemera Antique Gold Mirror · 詳細

Branch headboard · 詳細

Starling Showhome · 詳細

Beach Glamour Bedroom and Bath In Summerlin, Las Vegas NV · 詳細
    emmadreaming2さんはLynnieさんにお礼を言いました
  • emmadreaming2
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    @Lynnie: I like your idea of mirrored glass night stands. Since I took the picture I put the branches in a vase like your suggested, so no more blue tape to tie them :-)
    @It's a Beautiful World! I do like Teal too. But for now I’ll stick to purple downstairs and orange upstairs
    @Christi: thanks a lot for your art and night stand suggestions. I love you created some interest in the Houzz commenters too!

Thank you all for all the ideas you provided. I now have a lot to think about. It was the first time I posted on Houzz. Awesome response!
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10年前
    Emma....glad we could help! Drop by with new photos after you've added new things to your space -- we'll look forward to seeing them and chatting with you again soon!

• Lynnie
    10年前
    Great to hear about the vase! And, don't forget that the colors you like can all compliment each other. Have fun with pillows that bring them all together. Either on a bed or on a sofa.

Keep your pictures coming and we will keep our comments coming. :)