Houzz Logo Print
dorre4

need a solution to wrapping pipes and wires in a column.

Need help. My kitchen reno is almost complete. I knocked down two walls and had to move wires and heating pipes. Created a breakfast bar and now need to wrap electrical wires in a column. Am having a hard time locating a product to conceal wires. See photo. All help is greatly appreciated.

コメント (21)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10年前
    Agreed, make this column a feature rather than trying to disguise it.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you. Would you recommend 4 pieces of what type wood? Thank again.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you Patricia. My cabinets are antique white and floor is chocolate maple engineered wood. I am leaning toward painting the column antique white of almond. Any suggestions. Thanks.
  • PRO
    3-D Contracting Inc.
    10年前
    I'd wrap the columns with painted poplar wood to match the cabinets. Maybe even ad crown molding to match your cabinets at the top of the column. Attached are pictures of a kitchen wet column wrap along with a lolly column in a basement. Best of luck 3-D Contracting Inc.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    3-D, Much appreciated. I like that look. Where are you located?
  • PRO
    3-D Contracting Inc.
    10年前
    In East Hanover, NJ you can link onto my Houzz site for additional contact information
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    ok. Thanks.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10年前
    That will look very nice if what you have is a traditional kitchen. I somehow assumed you were leaning more to the modern side.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Leaning but to conservative to go all the way. I like the square column however its the color that give me pause. Thanks Patricia.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    10年前
    I think that was the point with the color instead of trying to camouflage it you made it seem like an art piece.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I guess by the time I am done it will be an art piece. Thank you.
  • lefty47
    10年前
    HI -- Just box it in so it's part of that wall . Keep it simple so it doesn't become a point of interest . And don't hang anything on it when it is done too .... !
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Lefty, I like that. Thank you so very much.
  • houseatthelake
    10年前
    Maybe you could incorporate a faux beam they make some to look like wood but one side comes off google faux beams. They come in all types of wood
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    great idea. Thank you.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I have completed my kitchen renovation. Found a solution to wrap the pipes. Thanks to all.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    before and after.
  • thadcopeland
    10年前
    Can you move the wires over to the wall on the right of the picture? If so I would move them there
  • victorianbungalowranch
    10年前
    Thanks for posting the after! I like the column solution. A fluted column is almost always white, so you might consider painting it a lighter color to either match/blend in with the creamy cabinets or the white wall underneath, rather than the darker color to match the backsplash.
  • Dorette Norris
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you Victorian. I like that suggestion.