Houzz Logo Print
decorgirly

what color goes with a purple and green teen bedroom

decorgirly
10年前
what color goes with a purple and green teen bedroom. they're both very bright colors. now the walls are lavender but want more of a neutral color.

コメント (40)

• PRO
    Lauren Elyse Art
    10年前
    Any grey or soft brown
  • Chris Warren
    10年前
    Hard to say without seeing color chips, but some tones of blue read as a neutral with bright purple and green.
  • PRO
    Living Design
    10年前
    Check out https://www.facebook.com/designseeds for stunning color combinations or their web page at http://www.design-seeds.com/.
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    chris warren could you give some examples
  • PRO
    Design Details
    10年前
    Orange would complete the triad but a neutral also makes sense. With that said, it sounds more like an art project than a decorative scheme. Go with whatever feels good to you.
  • PRO
    APK Designs LLC
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    Your are right wanting a neutral color. Soft khakis, yellows or even oranges will complement purple and green. However, it all depends on what exact shades you currently have. Pictures of existing space always help. See attached color combinations for inspiration.
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I think the rooms too small for another color like orange
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    my purple and green are exactly the colors of the first picture
  • Chris Warren
    10年前
    Years ago when my daughter was a tween she begged for a midnight or navy blue bedroom. I finally relented if she promised to paint over it when she no longer wanted it, to which she agreed. The room is ten foot ish by ten foot ish and I was surprised that it did't feel claustrophobic after painting it the dark color, including the ceiling. We bought a shiny jewel tone purple bedspread and after digging through my things, she found an old saree with large purple and green paisley pattern on a medium blue background which we hung as a canopy over her daybed. It sounds like a hot mess, but in person it really was gorgeous. BM makes two colors called Hale blue and Stunning that might work. I don't know how to link directly to pictures on Houzz so here are a few screen shots of things I found on Houzz and you can find lots of examples of navy walls paired with something different than the expected crisp white. Oh, I ended up repainting the room...
  • User
    10年前
    How about a stark white?
    Strelein Warehouse · 詳細
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    what color gray?
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    this bed is in the room with deep purple with small lavender hearts on one side and the other has lavender and bright green plaid comforter and btight green sheets
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    10年前
    Teal ,think peacock
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    could you give me a shade that'll go with it? I can't figure out how it'll go
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    would it look too bare with stark white?
  • User
    10年前
    Stark white would let the purple and green be the stars. Adding a color like gray could be tricky. All colors can have warm or cool undertones. With a stark white you would have a cool undertone. I think a warm undertone would look "muddy", even though we are talking about white. Any art you choose to use would work. Any curtain would work. The colors you add in accessories would only have to work with the right undertones of the purple and green. :)
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    all the accessory's are either lavender or darker shaedes of warm purple. I don't really want a cool room want it to be warm and relaxing
  • User
    10年前
    I think you should take the accessories that you want to set the tone for the feel of the room with you when you are looking for paint. I prefer the system Sherwin Williams uses to describe the light reflective value and tonal qualities of their paints. If you live in an area with more than one Sherwin Williams store, call around to find out if one of them has a color consultant. When you find several colors that you like - of any brand - buy sample cans and either paint large swatches on the walls or paint large swatches on poster board and move them around the room during different times of the day to get a feel for how the paint will look in different light. I prefer to paint the wall. I'm going to paint it anyway, lol. Benjamin Moore sells sample sizes of their paints too.
  • Chris Warren
    10年前
    How about trying to see what color would look good as an accent wall on the bed wall (to help hide grubbies that collect on a wall right next to a bed and painting the other walls a white with matching undertones. I, like happyasaclam, prefer SW. It doesn't fade with the notorious Co. sun, goes on like a dream, and because I signed up on their website, I often receive forty percent off coupons in the mail. They have quart samples, and although they said it's not the same quality as their other paints, at six something regular price, it's a good deal and at forty percent off, it's a steal.
  • armygirl1987
    10年前
    These are the colors that I use in my daughters room. Let me know if you need paint colors.
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    It's really nice! is the curtained off part a closet? cuz mine has a big wall open closet and I'll love something like that
  • armygirl1987
    10年前
    Yes, took two of the same curtain then mounted it on a shower curtain rod inside the closet. So much easier than putting on a closet door.
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    here's the room but replaced the sheets with bright green
    what color fabric should I make a closet curtain? preferably a pattern
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    would gray go? or is it too many colors already?
  • User
    10年前
    A great gray that works with greens and purples is Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter and the one that is a shade lighter, Edgecomb. I used Revere Pewter in my kitchen and Edgecomb in my den and dining room. Revere Pewter is my favorite of the two. I can see hints of green in Edgecomb. I would suggest that whatever color you choose, get the sample size to try it out. :)
    Revere Pewter HC-172 Paint · 詳細
    Edgecomb Gray HC-173 Paint · 詳細
    decorgirlyさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • User
    10年前
    Decorgirly, is that a playpen I see in your room?
  • armygirl1987
    10年前
    I think that gray can work but you have to be willing to try out some colors to see which one will work best. Take the suggestions from here then go to the paint shop, look around and see what you can come up with. Take them home and try them that is the best way to go with colors.
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    the playpen was temporary it's not there anymore
    would it work having gray in just the curtains for the closet? I don't want to much. I'm afraid it'll get to depressing
  • hayleydaniels
    10年前
    I'd go with a pumpkin orange.
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    hayley, would it be too busy? it's a pretty small room
  • User
    10年前
    What about the nursery border wall paper at the top of the room?
  • armygirl1987
    10年前
    Do you have more pictures of room decorgirly.
  • karemore55
    10年前
    Decorgirly, Are you sure your teen can still fit into that bed?
  • Geneviève
    10年前
    Yellow
  • Geneviève
    10年前
    Phoebe Printed Vertical Stripe Linen Custom Made Curtains · 詳細
  • Jennifer Hogan
    10年前
    You said you have dark purple accent pieces. I would probably go with a light green and add a few splashes of either hot pink or orange
  • decorgirly
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    my daughter is only 4'10 and as soon as the 4 year old is old enough they'll switch beds so the bed is no problem. the reason were painting the room is to get rid of the border. Should I do yellow draperies for closet? where else can I add yellow?
  • armygirl1987
    10年前
    Check out this site to see if you see anything that you like. You have been given some great colors and I think that it is ultimately up to you. Still need to see more of the room to make better suggestions.
    http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/spring-light1
    http://design-seeds.com/index.php/search?hex=d1abd9
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/514677063635349842/
    decorgirlyさんはarmygirl1987さんにお礼を言いました