Houzz Logo Print
wanda1017

My property is not level, has a slope to a low road. Is this possible?

wanda1017
10年前
Natural and Fun Backyard · 詳細

コメント (7)

• PRO
    Southview Design
    10年前
    Hi Wanda, It is hard to know without seeing the your yard, but this landscape was built on a pretty steep slope and has made great use of the property. Do you have a a picture that you could send me and I can pass it along to one of our designers. We can give you our best guess based on what we see. Where are you located?
  • PRO
    Hammerhead Stoneworks inc.
    10年前
    Absolutely. Retaining walls either below or above or both will help you realize a flat area. Steps are a way to deal with moving across the slope, as needed.
  • wanda1017
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I am very thankful and love the responses. I am trying to send a photo that would help.
  • wanda1017
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I have been told that the slope is about 20%. We are in the Western Carolina mountains.
  • PRO
    10年前
    A key question is how much space you want/need for your patio/fire pit. The slope in the image looks fairly workable, but the trees and their roots will be a factor. The larger the area, the more you'll carve into the hillside, or have to build up to support the patio. The patio in the picture you originally posted seems in scale to the slope in your own photo. It is a small patio, suitable for a family hangout but maybe not a large party.
  • PRO
    10年前
    Here's a quick sketch of how you might accomplish it. It's not to scale, but it shows the general idea. I hope it helps.
  • wanda1017
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I have a septic tank drainage which I must consider. All of your suggestions are very appreciated. The first recommendation from you regarding the retaining walls on both sides make the area very workable. Unfortunately I don't have a photograph that displays the area
    that the fire pit will work with the walls. Thank you for your sketch, I am sure it will help.