Houzz Logo Print
caryn2point0

Can I place a tv over our fireplace?

rydzalot
10年前
We want to put a television over our fireplace but mantle needs to be a minimum of 12" from the top of the fireplace resulting in the tv sitting quite high up. I want to use a flatscreen mounted on a bracket so we can tilt it down when we watch but I want the tv to look nice when it is not in use so it needs to fold back flush with the stone it will be mounted on. Any thoughts??
forego having a mantle
putting a smaller tv
eliminate the hearth thus the fireplace would be lower

コメント (12)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10年前
    Without a mantel for a more contemporary feel.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10年前
    TV is way too high
  • PRO
    DMH DESIGN
    10年前
    A pic would help--your firebox must be higher than normal off of the floor?
  • PRO
    Tekkease
    10年前
    Pictures would be helpful. In my professional opinion height of the display is truly dependent on viewing distance. And you may think your going to want to pull the TV in and out, but honesty most people leave it tilted
  • rydzalot
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    thank you. I am afraid you are right - we would just leave it and I want a really high end nice look.
  • PRO
    Tekkease
    10年前
    You can still accomplish a high end look with some form of time on the display. We work on a lot of luxury residential projects which have TV's mounted on the fireplace which are on tilt mounts. Feel free to reach out directly or view our Houzz page for more pics
  • rydzalot
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    since I posted my question I have been online getting ideas and the jist seems to be we should not consider placing a tv over a fireplace. The heat is not good for the electronics. Sounds like you do it all the time though??? Maybe I will send a picture since I really want to do this but we are re-thinking placing it over the fireplace.
  • PRO
    Design Theory Inc.
    10年前
    Having the TV mounted higher on the fireplace is not an issue if your seating is far enough from the TV.
  • rydzalot
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    what about heat?
  • Jolene
    10年前
    Heat has not been a issue for us. We have had it mounted above the fireplace for 7 years.
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    10年前
    We have the same issue and it feels high unless you sit far away from it.