best sofa fabric for dog owner

Nancy Tebbe
10年前
what is the best upholstery to have on a sofa for a dog owner

コメント (6)

• PRO
    M B Wilson Interior Design
    10年前
    Not a poly suede! They seem to attract dog hair. I think leather works well. Or a heavy duty stain resistant fabric that is tightly woven soma dog cannot snag any threads,with his nails.
  • PRO
    Crypton
    10年前
    Check out what Crypton has to offer- we are all about pet-friendly! We offer funiture or you can get our fabric at Joann or Calico Corners. http://www.cryptonathome.com/Shop/stain-resistant-waterproof-furniture_2
  • hayleydaniels
    10年前
    No matter what you get you're going to have some dog hair on your couch. Get some blankets you can put on there for the dogs if you let them on the couch as we do, and realize it's part of life.

I bought a very nice micro-fiber reclliner a little over a year ago that my late cat took over, and while the hair comes up okay, it does stick. The saleslady claimed pet hair didn't stick to it. Once she moved in there, I put a blanket down for her.
  • joannpb
    9年前
    Back in the 'sixties or maybe the 'fifties, there was something called Herculon. It was just about bomb-proof and unstainable - nothing stuck to it. The down side was that it was amazingly ugly and felt like woven horsehair on a bad day.

Here's some good news - it's back, and much improved in look and feel. It's sold under different names, but is an olefin fiber fabric and stands up to almost anything. The only remaining problem that I'm aware of is some types of oily stains are difficult to get out, but I've had good luck using mechanics' jellied hand cleaner that comes in a can.
  • ispoildogs
    9年前
    I vote for fabrics that are washable with soap and water. I have geriatric dogs and use a water resistant cover too, that can be removed when company comes and thrown in the washer.