tur11tles

Need help with pond

tur11tles
10年前
Pond design. I have a formal shape but looking for ideas to make more natural

コメント (13)

• decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Love the screened and stone retreat, but not sure how you can get the "pond" which looks more like a basement, to conform to that vibe. Needs natural rock but that may not fit in unless you lower the top to ground level. Then a black liner will make it look more like a deep pool. Native plant materials for landscaping will help but the two PVC pipes sticking out will ruin anything you do that doesn't camouflage them.
    Private Gardens Design · 詳細

Waterfall Fish Pond, Aquascape Ecosystem Water Garden by Acorn of Rochester, NY · 詳細
    tur11tlesさんはdecoenthusiasteさんにお礼を言いました
  • sunnydrew
    10年前
    Have you consulted a book or expert?. If you are going to have plants and fish you need to have different depths with "shelves" to place plants. Right now it seem to be more of am in-ground pool, than a pond. You could create a waterfall or spillway. Did you have a plan in mind or just start digging? You should decide what to do before continuing work on it.
    tur11tlesさんはsunnydrewさんにお礼を言いました
  • tur11tles
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Decoenthuiaste
    The 4" pipe is for a skimmer that will attach to the side wall which connects to a T that is part of a 4" bottom drain that run under ground to the concrete shed under the screen porch. The 2" pipe is the return for the water coming out of a pre filter, filter and UV. I was think waterfall or potentially an urn on its side that would let the water pour back into the pond. The bottom of the pond do have a shelf that is about 2' high and 3x4' across (a boulder I could not move) that will be used for some plant life. I plan to use a liner over the center block that is raised above the ground 3" to stop ground water from running back into the pond (fertilizer and such). Trying to figure out how or what to cap the liner with. Blue stone would be my final option. Thought of using a cement saw to cut a square edge into rock that would sit on the liner over the center block. Your thoughts :)
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Seems very complex - are you raising talipia in there? My "pond" is a 5x8x3 oval hole with liner and a fountain pump. Fish and frogs do very well in it but I'm not raising specialty fish. Maybe you're over-engineering a simple fish pond, but it can still work. I'd just be concerned to hide all the mechanicals. Blue stone is nice and don't forget the plants.
    tur11tlesさんはdecoenthusiasteさんにお礼を言いました
  • Jessica Kerry Mack
    10年前
    Do a web search on Japanese onsen (outdoor hot spring baths) often these have raised sides but they tend to really make an effort to blend them in to nature and you may get some good ideas. Beware - this search may find rather graphic images of people bathing so don't do it if you will be offended by co-ed outdoor bathing.
  • PRO
    tur11tlesさんはPMADF - Paul Mirocha Art Design Furnitureさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Spring Creek Aquatic Concepts
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    While we are never fans of the over use and abuse of huge amounts of rocks, this would be the exception. Start with boulders at least in the corners, then continue outside in order to camouflage the box.

Even our natural swimming ponds don't have straight lines... http://www.houzz.com/projects/204839/Natural-Swimming-Pond---Pool
  • mfwolfe
    9年前
    Old post
  • PRO
  • tur11tles
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    I am still monitoring
    Making progress
  • tur11tles
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    I like the suggestion
  • PRO
    Aboeda Design
    9年前
    My advice hire a professional who deals with waterscapes.