Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner49684

Help me pick 2 chairs!

This is my "bonus room". Im trying to make it into a informal dining/study area. The brown chair is gone. Now I need two chairs. Suggestions for style and color? I've attached some ideas.

コメント (32)

• housegal200
    10年前
    The yellow chairs would look great with the table. It's hard to tell how big your little room is. Two ways to go with furniture placement. If the room is a reasonable size, center the table and chairs. Create a reading nook with the loveseat--maybe clear, stackable side tables in front of the loveseat and a low white bookcase running under the window. If the room is small, move the table to corner where the brown chair is and drop down a pendant over it to define the corner.
    newhomeowner49684さんはhousegal200さんにお礼を言いました
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    If I moved the table to the corner where the brown chair is, would I then not have chairs for the table?
  • PRO
    Rove Concepts
    10年前
    What a wonderful space you have to work with! A great addition to your work/dining area would be Rove Concepts replica of the Hans Wegner Wishbone Chair in Walnut. The Wishbone Chair's curved back and arms mirror the lines of your white table and the artwork. Creating repetition in colour, shape and lines with the Walnut finish, curves of the chair and table, as well as the seat detailing with your artwork, your room will become a treasure in your home.
    newhomeowner49684さんはRove Conceptsさんにお礼を言いました
  • caroline1852
    10年前
    Ikea's Tobias perspex chairs with chrome legs are lovely and look good for both dining and working. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20115038/
    newhomeowner49684さんはcaroline1852さんにお礼を言いました
  • housegal200
    10年前
    Could you give us the measurements of the room or take another photo from a different angle so we can determine how much room you have? I did envision the two yellow chairs with the table in the corner with a small pendant overhead and the loveseat moved over to what looks like the doorway. However, if the room is bigger than it looks, then you can have the table in the middle of the room with bigger chairs and a reading nook at the far end--low bookcase with a lamp across the far windowed wall, small clear stacking tables in front of the loveseat.
    newhomeowner49684さんはhousegal200さんにお礼を言いました
  • Geneviève
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    They are all nice but I would go with the light blue .
    Fantasy FA21 5' x 7'6" Light Blue Rug · 詳細

Suki Floor Lantern · 詳細
    newhomeowner49684さんはGenevièveさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Rove Concepts
    10年前
    Genevieve, the wallpaper you selected would create a beautiful and harmonious room with the Wishbone chairs, white round table and a low hung circular pendant in a dark linen. I would suggest lowering the two large wall panels to the height of the window and remove the smaller white panel. With the wallpaper on the walls in a smaller space you will want to avoid adding too many details so it does not feel confined. Are those sliding doors to the right of the table? Adding some textured solid curtains would add some warmth to the room as well.
  • PRO
    Rove Concepts
    10年前
    You will have to let us all see your finished room. I am excited to see the end product!
  • PRO
    Kaja Gam Design, Inc. & KGHome
    10年前
    What a lot of great suggestions! I am wondering what the rest of your bonus room looks like and the dimensions. I see a French door going to the rest of the house on the left and a sliding patio door on the right to the outside. Is the rest of the room equal in size, meaning do the doors bisect the room? If that is the case, my suggestion is to make a small sitting area in one end, and a desk area in the other as another option. It looks like the love seat can sit against the window, and you can ad an ottoman and a low chair. An area rug will bring it together. As an alternative to the Wegner chair, look at Blu Dots Toro Chair and ottoman. They are low swung and will not interfere with the window height and the scale of the room.
    For the desk area try Blue Dot's Cant desk or Jens Risom's small scale desk, as I did in this tiny desk area that is similar to what you are dealing with.
    your white table is too large for the space where you have it. If you are not using the sliders during the winter months, the table can become a center hall table with a decorative bouquet of flowers, candle sticks or a sculpture. Ad a table cloth for warmth or paint it a fun color.
    newhomeowner49684さんはKaja Gam Design, Inc. & KGHomeさんにお礼を言いました
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    The room is small.
    To the left of the settee is a closet door. next to that is the hallway.
    The doors infront of the settee are sliding glass doors into the backyard.
    There isnt enough room to move the table into the middle of the room.
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    These are the only other photos of the room that I have with me. One is the room at the end of the hall, it shows the space at the end of the room. The other is a picture of the room before we owned the house.
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Heres another picture of the room before I moved the current furniture into it.
    And Ive attached antoher picture that shows the colors better.
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10年前
    All the chairs you posted are very different! I suggest bringing in some black to ground the room. These items give the room an indoor/outdoor feel. All from IKEA.
    newhomeowner49684さんはLydia (Kazza Design)さんにお礼を言いました
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank you Lydia! And thank you for suggesting something reasonably priced! :)
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10年前
    You're welcome! I find the big sliding doors are begging to bring the outdoors in. :)
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I liked your idea so much I actually just purchased the curtains online!! Rugs have to wait until the puppy is potty trained. lol.
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10年前
    So cool! I suggest doubling the panels to add more volume. I hope they look as good as I imagine. As for the rug.....puppy is more important! ;)
  • PRO
    10年前
    Good luck with your sweet little spot. Ikea is always a good place to start - you can really get a lot of quality design and allow yourself to change it out more often, since it is so affordable.
  • PRO
    10年前
    I agree with Lydia, the panels should be full
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Okay so this is what I have decided on. I might paint the white picture frames and the table this light blue color. And paint the rocking chair black. And buy this pillow to pull it all together. What do you think?
  • PRO
    10年前
    Nice - last thing: what is the color of the walls?
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Nothing is.
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10年前
    I really like that pillow and your ideas too! I didn't mention this before but also hanging curtains on the window would finish the room nicely.
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Update! I just need curtain rods & 2 chairs still.
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I actually just bought chairs today at noon. But thank you!
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10年前
    I like the curtains! How about you? What kind of chairs did you buy?
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I like the curtain! They are perfect for the room because of the sliding glass doors/sunroom feel. I just need to shorten them though. Here's another updated pic!
  • newhomeowner49684
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    And these
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10年前
    The curtains will look great once they're fitted. I'm so glad you like them! I don't suggest hanging them to the ceiling but rather about halfway between the window and the ceiling. I really like those chairs but I do find them too small for the table and too industrial (cold) for the space and design of the room. :(
    As a comparison, the chairs I posted from Ikea have a higher back. Also, the texture adds some warmth to the room. The rattan also mimics the trees from the curtains and pulls in the black.