Houzz Logo Print
kris1958

Need help with the finishing touches

kris1958
10年前
Here is an updated photo....got the mirror delivered and put up, got some pillows for our couch and a very large (48"W x 38" H) canvas will be arriving this week for the dining room. I'll attach a picture of the canvas. I need something for a centerpiece for the dining room table, the top of the buffet (I think the wine will go back to the kitchen and the plant moved somewhere else), my little reading nook needs artwork but it has to coordinate with the living room art and the shelving unit needs something on the top. Any ideas?? Thanks, I'm terrible at this!

コメント (11)

• PRO
    purehome
    10年前
    Hi there, this is beautiful! We have some gorgeous accessories at http://www.purehome.com . Feel free to check us out!
    kris1958さんはpurehomeさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Pugerudes
    10年前
    Consider soft window treatments. Valances or stationary side panels on the windows. It will bring a softness and can add an element of color to the room! The pillows you selected are fun and bright, but they appear to kind of stand alone. Fabric warms a room!
    kris1958さんはPugerudesさんにお礼を言いました
  • motownmom
    10年前
    This all looks very nice, and I love the painting you are waiting for!

I wouldn't put anything on top of the shelving unit. Leave the top plain. For the dining table I'd look for a low slung oval or banana shaped bowl in one of the colors of your accent pillows, to bring that color to the table. Wait until you have this done, and the picture hung before deciding on the reading area and console decor. I actually like the wine rack.
    kris1958さんはmotownmomさんにお礼を言いました
  • kris1958
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Pugerudes...I'm attaching a new photo of the couch with the artwork. The pillow colors come from the art. The photo I had taken didn't really show that.
  • PRO
    Danielle Unser
    10年前
    Look at draperies for your window. Window treatments make all the difference. Make sure they go to the floor, and I can imagine a nice full silk taffeta but simple drapes would work in a great color.
    kris1958さんはDanielle Unserさんにお礼を言いました
  • kris1958
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Danielle, the area is too tight for an area rug. The rug should cover the area with the chairs pulled out and I have stools from the counter there and it wouldn't fit. At least that's what I see, but I'm not a designer. Do you have an idea how to make it work?
  • robea
    10年前
    i like the painting
    kris1958さんはrobeaさんにお礼を言いました
  • Debp
    10年前
    Your pillows and art work look great together. They need to be closer together and lower though. I too wouldn't put any thing on top of your shelves. Do you have a lamp for your reading corner? Looking forward to seeing your dining room art on the wall. Lovely room.
    kris1958さんはDebpさんにお礼を言いました
  • kris1958
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    It will be arriving tomorrow and hopefully put up this weekend!
  • kris1958
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    The artwork arrived and it was beautiful but looked too small on the dining room wall so we put it up on the wall in the reading nook and it looks great! Now I need to find a very large piece for the dining room wall that goes with the 2 prints over the couch. Sooo hard to pick art!!