Houzz Logo Print
cxforier

Need help sprucing up exterior without painting brick

cxforier
10年前
Ranch style home with carport. Entry to home from main entrance or carport. Would love more curb appeal.

コメント (21)

• cxforier
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    One more photo of carport entrance. Any help ever so welcomed !
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10年前
    The front door could use some updating.

A Courtyard and Veranda for Real Family Life · 詳細
  • cathyjoco
    10年前
    Here are some clustered pots...
  • cathyjoco
    10年前
    here they are....
  • cxforier
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank so much for the reply. Would you recommend I replace the door to another color ? Or should I keep the white?
  • cxforier
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Meaning for the main entrance.
  • nwduck
    10年前
    Excellent ideas so far. I believe I would first look for a more "showy" front door style, if you can replace, even if in white if you like. It would make a big difference. A more current style of light fixture and other accessories could work wonders...the bench and clustered pots are a great and easy idea! You could also consider color on the trim and shutters.
  • libradesigneye
    10年前
    Darling house. Here's two options - one more cottage charm, one more traditional.

Cottage charm - paint shutters and secondary door sw slate tile (blue-gray) , with a sw goldenrod front door. http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6677-goldenrod/
    (use the search box in the upper corner for links to all the others)
    Leave all the door and window trim / eaves / fascia white.

Traditional - paint shutters and secondary door sw grizzle gray (kind of charcoal) and keep the goldenrod for the front door - it will add a lot just to paint the front door.

I would take the wreaths off the back door, and if you want to keep your white shutters, paint at least the doors - front door still goldenrod but back door a plain gray like sw earl grey. You will be amazed at how much that does for you - maybe get a new decorative hardware set for your front door handle and new light fixture in a gray or silver tone - lots of terrific nautical inspired ones about. If you aren't brave enough / the sunshine yellow front door, then you could use the same other options and paint your front door a crisp navy. sw naval is the best against your brick tone.
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    It is a beautiful brick home. I love the brick lining the walkway too. Here are some suggestions to take this little beauty over the top:
    Clean and stain the concrete a warm reddish brown.
    Remove the shutters (they're small) from the one window they're on
    Add an arbor around the front window that currently has shutters or a fountain or sculptured tree on the walls on either side.
    Replace the front door with a more inviting one
    Frame windows with more wood, white trim
    Extend your walkway out to the street
    Update light fixtures and add house numbers
    Back your window coverings with something a bit darker so your lovely white mullions show
    Make your porch even more inviting by adding seating and plants
    Add more plantings in the bedding on the right where the stone is now
    FOUR-SIX-THREE-SIX · 詳細
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10年前
    Carved door (don't paint it white) and framed window:
    Classic Collection (Custom Solid Wood Doors) · 詳細

Updated Coach Lantern Outdoor Light - 1 Light · 詳細
  • cxforier
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thanks again- I am not very good at design so having images posted has been amazing.
  • PRO
    rus architects/renderers, inc.
    10年前
    Adding trim and architectural features, off the shelf or not, can do a lot. Always here help with studies like this:
  • mousemaker
    10年前
    oh no! spelling correction time!! :) it's versus not verses! :) don't all be mad at me at once!
  • mousemaker
    10年前
    wish I had a carport! that's great. I think your house will look wonderful with the right landscaping. I agree about the magnolia. (I have one)
  • mousemaker
    10年前
    Blume · 詳細

Mediterranean Exterior · 詳細

Cottage garden · 詳細
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10年前
    Mousemaker, Did I miss something? What are you referring to with the versus?
  • cathyjoco
    10年前
    Hi CX, I would look into upgrading your front door, either with the inserts or by installing a new door. At that time, replace your hardware and change the color. You can use the colors from the historical charts - blues, blacks, greens, etc....Once you upgrade, you will see that the other details are minor. Also, I am not sure what that white grill is to the right of the door, but I would paint it bronze or black, whichever color you decide to go with. Also, I would get a lamp that drops down (from the bracket) verses one that goes up.
  • mousemaker
    10年前
    lol it wasn't you :)
  • cathyjoco
    10年前
    It was me!! too funny...wish you were in my office...
  • mousemaker
    10年前
    lolol it's not just you cathy j :) I've seen it all over Houzz..but I just couldn't keep it in! :)