Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Where do your pets sleep in your house?

Emily H
10年前
最終更新:10年前
Do your treasured pets have a special bed just for them? Do they climb under your covers with you? Do they prefer a certain chair or specific spot on the rug?

Tell us about it and share a photo of your slumbering pet!

Brian Patrick Flynn · 詳細

Roxton · 詳細

Traditional Dining Room · 詳細

コメント (156)

• dresdenvet
    10年前
    Our pets can sleep wherever their little heart's desire. We even had a custom built stool at the end of our bed so that our very old cat can get up on the bed to sleep. As for our our dog, he gets kicked out of his own dog bed by our other cat then he will end up squeezing into the cat's bed...he picks his battles.
  • Jenny Loo
    10年前
    My sausage brigade will sleep on our bed at night; but during the day? They will sleep wherever they want...on our ottoman, in my arms, snuggled with each other
  • Uwe Preul
    10年前
    Our two cats have different places and different priority of those places every day.
  • PRO
    Claudia Barber
    10年前
    Our pet pig Ponyo's favorite place to sleep during the day is on her pillow next to the fire. At night she sleeps in her room in a pile of pillows and her sleeping bag with just her snout hanging out!
  • Hillary Moers
    10年前
    My Terrier Frank, sleeps under the desk in our mudroom. I made a comfy bed with curtains to cover it up at night. He LOVES his little den. when it's bedtime I say, " doggies go nite nite, and he RUNS into his corner, spins around two times and is down for the count
    Is HE trained or am I ????.
  • susanjwhitfield
    10年前
    I really enjoyed this discussion! Mine start off wrapped in a blanket like a pierogi but inevitably one or two make their way under the covers.
    Happy dog wishes from Charleston SC!
  • faddiskj
    10年前
    I've got a blonde Cocker, Lady, and spoiled she is!! She's 10 yrs old and enjoys getting on the bed if I'm there, even naps in the daytime. I keep a sheet or old quilt on top of my blankets and a soft throw at the foot of the bed wadded up for her to scratch into a ball just the way she likes it and to put her head on. I've found if I read or play on my iPad too late into the evening, she doesn't like the light on and gets down into her bed until I turn the light out. My husband died a few months ago and I've more than enjoyed her company. Some nights if I'm moving around too much she jumps down to sleep in her own bed but always returns first thing in the morning.
  • suzanne_m
    10年前
    On my bed and she has incontinence problem :/
  • KD
    10年前
    Pirate graciously allows me to have a 1/3 of a queen sized bed to sleep on, as long as I turn down the covers for him (at the head of the bed he won't sleep on the covers, at the foot of the bed he HAS to sleep on the covers) and he has his own pillow. Also if he thinks I'm staying awake too long or if it's late and I haven't gone to bed yet, he alternates giving me Meaningful Looks and barking softly until I turn out the light or go to bed myself so HE can go to bed.

(He has a nice comfy dog bed also, but that is just not as good as the mattress for sleeping at night.)

Hidden benefit: When he cuddles up next to me in bed it warms up my back and really helps with the arthritis when it's cold. (He's old and a bit arthritic himself, so we're great pals on cold mornings just hiding out under the covers as long as possible.)
  • Debbie
    10年前
    When he's not on my desk in front of the monitor, my cat sleeps in this chair. I kept wondering how the pillow was getting squished, then I caught him!
  • danieBOB
    10年前
    I don't have a pet right now (soon though!), but my dog growing up always slept on the foot of mom's bed. When we got older, he would snooze in the hallway until all of us kids got home before making his way up to mom's bed. When he became too old to get up to her bed he slept on the floor at the foot. He was all black so he blended Into the darkness. We all learned over the years to shuffle our feet if we needed to go into mom's room at night so that we wouldn't trip over him.

He was German Shepherd, Chow Chow, Labrador and Akita all mixed into one. He had a lot of fur. So much that even though he's been gone since 2002, we still randomly find his fur in strange places.

Oh, the stories I could tell about that dog...
  • Chris
    10年前
    In my purse under my desk! Love my Jasper. I love hearing everyone's stories
  • toats
    10年前
    wherever willie is comfortable is where willie sleeps. on the blankets, in the blankets, on the couch, on top of the other dog......man he was a cute puppy!
  • toats
    10年前
    debbie, LOL, he is hilarious!
  • toats
    10年前
    and my kitty cat sleeps wherever during the day, but curls up behind my knees in bed every night. my husband calls him "mammas boy".
  • Kathy Webber
    10年前
    The question is where do we sleep because obviously the bed is theirs.
  • KD
    10年前
    @veeba - That is definitely how I feel when I have my parents' dog Foxy staying with me, too. Pirate gets his side of the bed and then she wants a pillow TOO, because he cannot possibly have anything she doesn't have, and the only pillow left is mine...
  • Hillary Moers
    10年前
    I built my dog , Frank , a bed underneath the desk portion of the laundry room. I sewed him a curtain with his name on it and put foam mattress and bolsters around the floor space.
    It is his little slice of "den" heaven. When I tell hime it's night, night time, he RUNS there!
    mission accomplished.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    10年前
    so many adorable furry friends on here !! found this on FB - thought I'd add it ...
  • PRO
    Hawn Bedding Company
    10年前
    our pup is extremely spoiled .. she likes to sleep in the middle. :)
  • cabingirl13
    10年前
    Out cat sleeps where ever she ends up- not in the same place each night. Sometimes in bed with my 10 year old...usually on a couch or several different chairs in the daytime a few times a year she ends up outside all night or even in the garage. She sneaks up on our bed once in a blue moon- but we both don't care for her up there so she gets the boot pretty quick!
  • smdrovetto
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    All these stories are so fun to read, but also very moving. The love and pride is so apparent. I often said my dog was the only male that would jump up and down when he saw me.

What really cracks me up about dogs, is when they look at you like you're crazy.
    It's one of those embarrassing moments, (an example escapes me, but I'm sure someone out there has one!) when you are reminded, your dog is smarter than you are.
  • Hilda Golde
    9年前
    My lasha apso Maxine and my chihuahua Geri sleep with my husband n I, but Geri has a very bad habit that she licks everything, the blanket, sheets, pillows, couch, so im constantly washing n wiping down everything and w the lint roller, because they both shed,..i have tried scolding Geri to break her from licking everything insight but to no avail..any tips anyone? D: im worried that one day i will forget to use the lint roller on the couches before visitors come...they are clean doggies, but that licking n hair uggh!!
  • Hilda Golde
    9年前
    @ Veba...lol exactly...mine almost knock my off the bed!
  • 747.2fra
    9年前
    One prefers my largest flower pot that has now been renovated to his specifications. The other - the rug - or any where within 2 ft of us.
  • M L
    9年前
    The question around our house is, where do we sleep? LOL
  • jergens1211
    9年前
    Daisy sleeps wherever the hell she wants
  • sunshinegirl3
    9年前
    My dog has her own bed in another room. I use to let her sleep in my room but she wakes me 5-10 times EVERY night and I can't sleep with her in my room. It made me feel bad but she has a huge comfy bed to herself in the other room. My cat on the other hand has a soft hide away bed up on a shelf or on occasion she does sleep with me despite I hate animals on the furniture. BUT I wipe her down with baby wipes before she is allowed. Then she will sleep on my hip or up against my chest with her head against my chin. My dog is a German shepherd so I can't even image allowing her to do this because there is no room and she smells horribly despite brushing, bathing and an organic diet. Not to mention she leaves a coat if she gets on the fuitnture.
  • lilyquincy
    9年前
    This is my recently departed little Lily- she would not sleep in my bed - even though I begged her to:) she was very particular and slept in her dog bed at night - couch during the day. A princess such as herself should not have to share:)
  • J J
    9年前
    Our babies sleep anywhere but at night, on the bed, all together. We decided to upgrade to a king size to accommodate everyone. Love the snuggles and snores.
  • tooky58
    9年前
    Glad to see other rabbit's . Francis is our rescue rabbit she sleeps on herrug at night and when my husband and marlowe the dog -who sleeps under the covers-gets up she & her blankie come to bed. My husband is a back-country packer and when client's ask where she is he point's to his (queen) size sleeping bag.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    9年前
    Aww! Any pix of Francis? She goes hiking and camping?
  • tootnan
    9年前
    I have two loving pets! One gets on the bed with me and of course he sleeps right on my feet so I can't move much at night! I guess he wants to make sure he knows where I am! My other baby used to sleep on the bed as well but now it hurts her back to jump so she sleeps under the bed in her own little bed I made special for her !
  • smdrovetto
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    This isn't exactly about where the pet sleeps..............

My FIL was a police officer, and walked the beat in our city's International District for about 15 years in the 1960's. He worked nights, and got off shift around 2AM.

He walked out of a business to see a teenager at the end of the block, running up the sidewalk toward him, being chased by several other guys.

The police call box was right there, so he grabbed the phone for backup, and pulled his weapon and yelled "Halt!".

The guy being chased was carrying a birdcage, with a fairly large black bird in it, had almost reached him, and shoved the birdcage in his hands, and turned the corner.

The other guys also took a quick turn before the other guy. So, my FIL was left standing in the street with a bird.

The prowl car showed up, and took off to look for the gang members, but couldn't quit laughing at my FIL standing there with a bird, that was saying, "Hello there!".

He didn't know what else to do with it at 2AM, so he took the bird home, and put the cage on the dining room table.

When he got home around 3AM, my MIL was sound asleep. A little less than 2 hours later, she was awakened by the bird kind of beginning to screech, and saying, "Hello there!"

My FIL had to learn to sleep through household noises, and kids, so he was out. I laugh every time I picture my MIL laying there, and then getting up to find a mynah bird saying, "Let's eat!" (She was such an animal lover, but pretty mad, because she thought he bought it, or..........possibly won it in an afterwork...............uh.........."activity".)

They never got a solid lead on whose bird it was, and kept Lorenzo (they named him) for about 15 years. They estimated he developed a vocabulary of at least 100 words, I think.

PS My MIL who spoiled everyone, and everything, removed furniture, etc, and turned the den into Lorenzo's room, complete with every toy, bells, mirrors, and a 4 foot small tree trunk, with trimmed branches for Lorenzo to sit on, That was HIS room, and was fine most of the time, but he did dive-bomb every once in a while.
  • froghollow20
    9年前
    We have a king size bed that we share with our 6 yr old fur kids, Lulu a pug and Henry a smooth haired Brussels Griffon. They sleep under the covers if they are cold or on top if they are not cold.
  • woodjay
    9年前
    Coco is a street kid who came into our lives 3 months ago. Five homes in 12 months and terrified. Initially she hid wherever, then slept under our bed, now she snuggles up and burrows under the covers when it is cold.
  • PRO
    Timberwood Custom Cabinets
    9年前
    Here's an idea my father had for the closet in the guest bedroom (my former bedroom). The lab sleeps on the bottom and the terrier on the top. My step mom's cat gets the whole room.
  • bungalowmo
    9年前
    My little Maggie Moo sleeps all over the place...
    The sofa...in the bed all fluffed up like a nest...and the afternoon porch breeze nap...
  • bungalowmo
    9年前
    My fat boy, Random...well, he sleeps wherever he likes as well....
    The bathroom floor....the living room chair...the bedroom floor...and on the bed with his pillow. I wish he looked like that last pic right now, but he's a street kitty at heart & has scratches on his nose from scrapping while I'm at work. :0(
  • PRO
  • mom3333
    8年前

At night, in their crates in a room we call 'the dog room. Most people would call it the sun room.

During the day, on the family room furniture, which in their mind, is appropriate for a family member!

• susan2494
    8年前

Finn sleeps where ever he wants. In the bed, on the tile floor, on the rug, chair or sofa. He has a bed on patio but sleeps on the wicker sofa, on the tile or in his bed.

• auntthelma
    8年前

Just like where the gorilla sits, "Anywhere they want to!"

Two cats. Own the place.

• Bev
    8年前

I have three cats and they sleep wherever they want to! Like auntthelma said, they own the place!

• susan2494
    8年前

Finn

• lauriaj
    8年前
    In our bed! Spoiled thing! But he spoils us too! ❤️ I look forward to cuddling with him every night since my husband isn't much of a cuddler!
  • jendag930
    7年前

Our any sleeps in bed with us

• Kathie Harmon
    6年前
    Our Duke is soo loveable! I'm looking for a new dog bed for his 11yr. old bones. I like the dog beds made to look like their own mattress. I'm just wondering if it'll be too hard for him to get cozy & if it's really portable (Yep, he's absolutely spoiled).
  • Jennifer Hogan
    5年前

My little girl goes to work with me and sleeps in her Pier One imports Papasan chair that sits next to my desk.