joelyrick

If you could change one thing...

Joel
14日前

What would you do to this exterior?

コメント (13)

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    14日前

The only thing that I would possibly change, is to match the lower windows to the upper. Other than that, nothing except some planters with greenery along the lower window ledges - but it is fine without that.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    14日前

The glass block looks like the glaring issue and must be oppressive from the interior.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    14日前

Anything that would return it to its original appearance. Nothing more or less.

• Joel
    質問の投稿者
    14日前

I wonder what it would have originally looked like.

• PRO
    14日前

It appears to have been a bank based on the name at the top, I'd imagine that a bit of searching on the original business and/or address should turn up some old photos/info.

• M Miller
    14日前

The exterior needs a cleaning badly. You have to be careful to get someone who is highly skilled and knowledgeable. Some types of cleaning do more harm than good.

• enajasereht
    14日前

Needs a flag.

• millworkman
    13日前

Well, it is a historic building so changing things will be dependent on what they will allow. And @HomeSealed is spot on. A good cleaning would go a long way.

Link:First National Bank of Martinsville Indiana.

• Sigrid
    13日前

replace the glass blocks with windows.

JoelさんはSigridさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    13日前

I'm sure that there may be details that I'm missing, but those large, lower windows seem to be the biggest difference. It would be nice to get those back to something like the original.

• Joel
    質問の投稿者
    13日前

It was a little bit of a tongue in cheek question, as I was hoping someone would photoshop new windows in. It took some effort to find a picture of the old windows. The glass block is a travesty.

• HouzzUser-910663146
    11日前

Th

Historical bank building in Hammond Indiana. Indiana Landmarks has them on their website looking for a new owner.

https://www.indianalandmarks.org/2021/04/hammond-seeks-new-owner-for-landmark-bank/

PR