Houzz Logo Print
jck910

Paint TV Wall Black or Not? NOT SEE UPDATE OF WALL

jck910
3か月前
最終更新:2か月前

This is the TV wall in my small den. That is a 42" TV and we are looking to replace it with a 65" with width of 57". The wall is 100" wide and ceiling is 7 1/2'. The console is 70" wide. I thought painting the wall between the painter's tape black (BM Abyss) and hanging the TV may visually minimize its size?

Cape Cod Style House

This room was the original kitchen, but previous owner moved kitchen to breeze way and made a den.

Wall to right of TV is 14' with a centered 8' slider

To left of TV is hall to BR & Bed

8' opening opposite slider to DR

2 Recliners face TV - front edge of them is 11' from wall

THOUGHTS?? Thanks

New 65" wall hung TV. The colors look better IRL not so pink or yellow

コメント (16)

• acm
    3か月前

No, it will just look like an even bigger TV! plus, there will be odd white stripes down the outside.

Your decor is nice -- don't try to screw it up with a black blob. A TV is what it is, and we all have them, so as long as your console is long enough to ground it (which it is), you're ok. You don't need all that stuff on the console anyway.

jck910さんはacmさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
    3か月前

Hi Jck910, Paint the whole wall, but black may be a bit too strong for your current decor. A darker color is a good choice, though. May be a good idea to carry the paint around the corner to where it meets the next wall. As a rule, we don't change materials or paint colors on an outside corner because it will never look good. Here's a great paint company for accent colors: https://www.backdrophome.com/. We use them a lot. Check them out.

jck910さんはCoates Design Architecture + Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Kendrah
    3か月前

It will look strange to have just a middle swath of the wall painted black. I'm no fan of accent walls either. Hang the TV, clear the console of everything on top and let it be what it is.

• elcieg
    3か月前

I like a dark wall behind a t v, but your wall is not a full one. Another thought: you could paint the console a dark blue to work with the chairs?

jck910さんはelciegさんにお礼を言いました
  • Missy Bee
    3か月前

Just this morning was looking at a great article on disguising a large tv. It is from The Spruce. I am adding photo with author’s name. Just out today. Great reference!

• tlynn1960
    3か月前

I don't think a black accent wall meshes with your decor-though not much of the room is visible, it appears to be transitional in style with no other black noted in the space. I could see a black feature wall in a more modern/minimalist style home with a narrow color palate.

jck910さんはtlynn1960さんにお礼を言いました
  • jck910
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Thank you all for the help & visuals. No black wall. Not sure why I thought I needed to hide the TV now when it has always been there in plain sight lol

• chispa
    3か月前
    最終更新:3か月前

If you want a "prettier" TV, when not being used, have you looked at the Samsung The Frame TVs?

This is my 75" Frame TV. I really like having "art" and color, instead of a black hole, when not watching the TV.

jck910さんはchispaさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3か月前

This is how the room might appear with a dark charcoal wall. Not sure it's the right direction for a traditional home. Also the solution might be different if there was a recess in the wall to receive the TV

jck910さんはBeverlyFLADezinerさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
  • PRO
    jck910さんはCelery. Visualization, Rendering imagesさんにお礼を言いました
  • Kendrah
    3か月前

I always understand the impulse to want to hide a TV. I have never done so but every once in a while it just gets to me and the brainstorming starts all over again...

jck910さんはKendrahさんにお礼を言いました
  • Tara
    3か月前
    最終更新:3か月前

You could always get a big cabinet that has doors so that you can hide the TV when not in use. you know, like we used to do with those huge analog TVs. Sure, it's not the trend, but it did solve the issue of not seeing the TV. You can have the cabinet a modern design.

jck910さんはTaraさんにお礼を言いました
  • Tara
    3か月前

Talcott Pines · 詳細

jck910さんはTaraさんにお礼を言いました
  • jck910
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

@Tara Originally had a custom-made cabinet but it just overwhelmed the small space. That lasted about 10 years before it drove me crazy. Then tried a corner cabinet which worked well until we redid the dining room and opened a wall to the den.

Your picture is great, thanks for the visual. The set up now has worked well but the new TV is larger so I thought I would try to minimize it.

I have never understood why a previous owner moved the kitchen in the first place to make this walk through room.

PR