Houzz Logo Print
sam_pallotta

which of 3 grout choices?

Sam P
3か月前

Trying not to lose my marbles over grout over here! Our grout lines are 3/16 which is wider than I originally had wanted, so I’m spending more time than I would like stressing over which grout to choose since it’s now a major part of the wall. Any preferences from the 3 boards we did up (we actually did 6 boards, these are top 3). From left to right, sea salt, mint (found a store that had stock on this discontinued color) and frost. I think I like frost best but I have been staring at them too long and have a hard time envisioning on an entire wall.
Thank you

コメント (38)

• tlynn1960
    3か月前

Not a pro, but I like the middle test grout (mint). I like grout with low contrast to the tile color so if that's the closest match to the gray/green tile possible, then I'd opt for that. You've got a lot of tile in the space, so high contrast grout is too busy IMO.

• bwlng166
    3か月前

I’m picking sea salt because it has better contrast with the white floor.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    3か月前

Agree with the first post. Mint blends and reduces the visual weight of the grout joint. The frost is fine. Mist is terrible as it draws all the attention to the grout.

• stiley
    3か月前
    最終更新:3か月前

Mint in first place by a lot, frost in second. I like that mint blends in the most with your tile. The tile is really pretty.

• sherry52
    3か月前

I like the frost too. The sea salt is so prominent that the tile recedes.

• jfrande
    3か月前

Mint :)

• Nicole Jackson
    3か月前

Hi, I vote Mint. It compliments the tile the most in my opinion.

• BP DIYer
    3か月前

Frost gets my vote.

• BPMBA
    3か月前

Mint

• teamaltese
    3か月前

Mint, or Frost.

• PRO
  • Karen Haynes
    3か月前

Frost

• just_janni
    3か月前

Mint - it looks custom, intentional and does the best job of minimizing the grout lines. I think in a large install, it will look REALLY GOOD. It allows the tile to be the star.

• L F
    3か月前

Mint for sure. You want to see the tile not grout

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    3か月前

The middle one, Mint. It blends best with the tile. The other two are too much contrast and will give you a windowpane look.

Love that tile, BTW.

• Marie Cannell
    3か月前

I like the mint because it's soft and blends with the tile. The tile is what you will see and its lovely variations of green. I like the sea salt because it is a clean, crisp contrast with the green and will tie in with the white tile of the floor. Your eye will see more white on the wall and less of the variations of the green color, though. I do not like the frost. It looks dull and almost dirty.

• blueskysunnyday
    3か月前

Another vote for Mint!

• kodiac23
    3か月前

Mint

• txandmt
    3か月前

Mint

• apple_pie_order
    3か月前

All too light. Only the lightest one doesn't look grimy.

A medium blue-green, matched to one of the medium tiles, would be unobtrusive and not look dirty.

• Angela Zuill
    3か月前

Mint!, although I'm intrigued by the mentions above of a darker blue/green.

• Kim F
    3か月前

Mint! Love the tile, where did you get it?

• PRO
    Kylie M Interiors
    3か月前

The middle offers the least contrast and transitions to the floor better. DEFINITELY not the brighter one!

• chicagoans
    3か月前

I like Mint, then Frost. Mostly here to say that I LOVE the tile color! (Is it Renzo Denim?) please share the source. Your bathroom will be beautiful!

• gigi4321
    3か月前

I think it depends on the look you want. You mentioned that the grout lines were larger than you wanted, which means you wanted a more blended look with less obvious grout lines. I guess you need to choose between a look of tile without grout by choosing a grout that will match the tile. Or a more contrasting grout so the individual tiles will stand out. I would try some that match the tile more closely. And cut off the sheetrock so it doesn't affect how your eye sees the grout color.

• hubie1
    3か月前

Mint.

• Christine
    3か月前

Mint makes grout disappear… clean.

• Ann
    3か月前

Beautiful til! I would go with the mint!

• bgregg13
    3か月前

Frost then mint

• Stacey Feken
    2か月前

Hi, what tile is this? We're doing a similar tile so choosing color...on a tight timeframe so looking for ideas from others.

• Donna Wasylyszyn
    2か月前

Mint is by far the nicest

• Sam P
    質問の投稿者
    2か月前

@Stacey Feken wall tile is centura equipe artisan (aka bedrosians cloe) , floor tile is home depot something

• Stacey Feken
    2か月前
    最終更新:2か月前

Thanks Sam (having trouble tagging you glad you saw notification), that's the same tile we have chosen (the bedrosian version), I thought it was the same! Which grout did you choose/what brand? Contractors busted out shower today (a week early) and I ordered tile last night (samples were late), so we are down to the wire.

My eye went to the middle board for what it's worth you've likely already finished.

• john3582
    2か月前

Mint

• Jenny Nemiroff
    2か月前

Mint. Definitely NOT Sea Salt. Light grout is a recipe for disaster

• Sam P
    質問の投稿者
    2か月前

@Stacey Fenken we chose Mint by Mapei. It is discontinued but we were able to find stock locally.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    2か月前

Great choice--make sure to post photos when it's done!