joann500

Mantel ideas please!

joann500
3か月前

Could s please help and link ideas to decorate my mantel? Thank you

コメント (6)

• KW PNW Z8
    3か月前

It’d be helpful to see a picture that shows the complete art hanging above the mantel & also what’s around the whole fireplace and room in general. But, based on the partial pic shown, I’d remove everything you have sitting on it. Looks like too much with the sconces on either side of art - the pieces on mantel all look like candles & holders for candles which doesn’t make sense with sconces. The lights in sconces look very bright - too much - can lights be dimmed or softer light bulbs be installed? Can’t see the style of them as too bright but they look brass color and so does the art frame. I think that brighter brass would be the best finish for anything placed on mantel - a brass pot or vase with wispy greenery in it?

joann500さんはKW PNW Z8さんにお礼を言いました
  • elcieg
    3か月前
    最終更新:3か月前

The art is too big; it dwarfs the fireplace itself.; reconsider the shape and the size of the frame.

Consider a rug to ground the surround (as there is not hearth).

joann500さんはelciegさんにお礼を言いました
  • chloebud
    3か月前

I like the shape/size of the art in elcieg’s example since it mimics the firebox opening. I’m a minimalist when it comes to mantels. In your case, the art is enough. You don’t really need any items on the mantel.

joann500さんはchloebudさんにお礼を言いました
  • joann500
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Elcieg

i like your picture with the mantel items. I’m searching on Amazon for items similar unless you have links. Thanks again

• PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    10日前

Perhaps just use the large piece of artwork and place nothing else on the mantle since you have sconces flanking the mantle anyhow. It looks too cluttered currently. Notice the simplicity in the mantle designs, included here:

Richmond Beach Remodel · 詳細

Clyde Hill Home · 詳細

Greenlake Remodel · 詳細

Wedgwood Remodel · 詳細

PR