Houzz Logo Print
vpgoral123

Kitchen backsplash

vpgoral123
3か月前

We are installing the island and countertop quartz up the wall where the range will sit. I want to have a 5" or 6" ledge. The bottom of the vent hood to the countertop is 36.3". Should the quartz wall go up half the wall or should it be higher? Trying to find the right scale. 2d photo is our kitchen. The other two are my inspiration.

Photos I am finding are all over the place. Here is a photo (pre countertops) and the inspiration photos. Grateful for any ideas.

コメント (13)

• Barrheadlass
    3か月前

Have you researched putting quartz behind a range? it is usually not a good idea due to scorching.

• PRO
    vpgoral123
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Yes I checked with MSI who is supplying the material and they state their product is designed to be heat resistant and won’t scorch. Put it in writing so that seems significant

• palimpsest
    3か月前

I would go visibly more than halfway between the countertop and the bottom of the hood, probably 2/3 of the way up. You don't want to cut the space in half.

• kculbers
    3か月前
    最終更新:3か月前

I think having your range backsplash extending to your hood would look and function best. I had my backsplash designed that way under my hood. My gas range rear burners are simmer burners, and the end of the rear burners are 8.5” from the backsplash. My range backsplash never gets warm when I use my oven or back burners. So easy to clean having a slab for a range backsplash! Best of luck on your journey with your beautiful kitchen. Please post pictures when your kitchen is completed.

• PRO
    vpgoral123
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Thank you for the feedback and I love your kitchen

• Kendrah
    3か月前

I think 2/3rds of the way up so it isn't visually sliced in half. Other things to consider: Is 2/3rds a reach able height for cooks in your house? How far to the left will it go and where does 2/3rd hit in relationship to the counter to ceiling along the right side of the window.

• blueskysunnyday
    3か月前

Do some research on how a shelf in that spot might impact the function of the hood before committing. I seem to remember some on here had some pretty convincing arguments as to why that shelf is not a good idea. I love the look but decided against it because of that.

• PRO
    vpgoral123
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Great point. So glad I came here for advice

• PRO
    Innovation Complete Construction
    3か月前

We've installed Half height countertops along with 9" deep shelving and our clients loved it! Here are a few pics of how it turned out

Pearl White Transitional Kitchen in Chicago · 詳細

• PRO
    vpgoral123
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Wow that’s pretty. I like the organic mix of wood and stone.

• marhop
    3か月前

i have quartz behind my gas stove. no issues st all re heat. my quartz runs from stove all the way to vent hood. if you want shelving above backsplash, I would definitely go with something like Innovation Complete…. where the backsplash runs to bottom of vent hood with shelving on either side that runs with the line of the bottom of vent hood

• acm
    3か月前

yeah, I can see that a 6" shelf would interfere with the average hood, which is only around 14" deep on a good day. I notice that Innovation only put the shelves on either side. feh!

• PRO
    vpgoral123
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

Thanks for the feedback. I am taking all the points made under consideration.