Houzz Logo Print
joseph_corlett

Wall Paint Color Help Please

I'm trying to pull a color out of this Turner print (1 of a pair) for wall paint for my 746 SF Florida condo. I'm not afraid of color, but it's kinda dark in here already and I can't stomach the idea of neutral walls either. I took the print to the paint store, held up samples, and realized I was out of my league.

コメント (27)

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    4か月前

For all of the help you offer, I'm hoping some of our color gurus come thru for you. What color are your furnishings?

• PRO
    Kylie M Interiors
    4か月前

One thought I have is that the more color you have on your walls, the less impactful your art will be. What about violet-gray blend? I don’t have my fan deck on me, but something like BM Abalone?

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはKylie M Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Kylie M Interiors
    4か月前

Or if you really want to hit some color and depth, SW Riverway is stunning. The negative to that is that your art will blend a bit more with the walls. Tapping into the warm violet (violet-pink) in the feathers will make the art pop more.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはKylie M Interiorsさんにお礼を言いました
  • cat_ky
    4か月前

Beautiful print, Joe. I would go for a color like the trees hanging down and in the background. Looks a bit like a muted turq. It could possibily be a bit dark for you though.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはcat_kyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Susie .
    4か月前

More importantly, what fixed elements do you have in the condo (flooring, countertops, things that aren’t changing). Furnishings are important also. I think your comment got cut off…”took it to a paint store…” you left us with a cliffhanger! What happened at the paint store?!

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはSusie .さんにお礼を言いました
  • Rho Dodendron
    4か月前

Not knowing the other colours....

What I see is the flamingos read as a pale pink. That is the colour *I* would paint the walls.

The beigy sand colour at the bottom is lovely too. (I'm not a grey person)

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはRho Dodendronさんにお礼を言いました
  • mxk3 z5b_MI
    4か月前

I would pull out that dark teal color that's in the background and a touch in the foreground to really highlight the beauty of the print. Light color on the wall is too wimpy IMO.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはmxk3 z5b_MIさんにお礼を言いました
  • drwass
    4か月前

Check out BM Sheer Bliss. its a really pretty blue. i have it in a room in my house.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはdrwassさんにお礼を言いました
  • thinkdesignlive
    4か月前

We really need to know sofa color, rugs?, floor finish in order to narrow it down.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    質問の投稿者
    4か月前

"What color are your furnishings?"

I've got a couple black leather sofas that came with the condo, but they can go.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    質問の投稿者
    4か月前

" What happened at the paint store?!"

I stood there with the painting on a cart holding samples next to it, unable to make a decision.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    質問の投稿者
    4か月前

cawaps:

Thanks; those are nice. I'm leaning toward the last two.

• thinkdesignlive
    4か月前

Not knowing your floor it’s hard to say….

• GiGi Buckshaw
    4か月前

You can go wrong with BM glass slipper.

• cawaps
    4か月前

Hi Joe--I'm sure you know this, but don't trust any of the paint names I gave to look the same in person as on your computer. But they should give a little bit narrower section of the spectrum to get samples for and look at in your condo.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはcawapsさんにお礼を言いました
  • eld6161
    4か月前
    最終更新:4か月前

How about a white? Before committing to a color, you need to have your furnishings.

Choosing a specific blue is a big commitment. His will you decorate around it?

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはeld6161さんにお礼を言いました
  • Kendrah
    4か月前

From below BM comet or BM wisteria. Love that you are not afraid of color. These are colorful and your picture still pops against them, as would your black sofas.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはKendrahさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    質問の投稿者
    4か月前

"The beigy sand colour at the bottom is lovely too. (I'm not a grey person)"

I kinda went this direction with Magnolia's Bright Days. It's nearly identical to the plant in the picture. It's bold enough to not be too wishy-washy neutral, but won't fight other decorating decisions. I love the darker colors, but I struggle with getting enough light in here as it is.

I'll probably start rolling this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

• thinkdesignlive
    3か月前

That's a pretty bold choice- are you happy with it?

• Debbie Downer
    3か月前
    最終更新:3か月前

Yeah, would love to see an "after!" Re one of the comments above - white is not the non-color that some think, whether it leans blue, gray, beige, yellow, green or pink needs to be considered..... so its really no less of a commitment than any other color. That said I have sometimes used a white paint or primer to be sort of a place-holder until I decided on something more permanent. It kinda cleanses the palate, so to speak, to better be able to judge other possible colors.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

The dancing bear, the lamp, the pictures, and Turner mirror are my choices. Everything else you see came with the condo (purple end table) when I bought it. This is a work in progress and any suggestions are welcome.

I'm pleased with the color, and the picture doesn't really do it justice, but after it was on I realized that it was very close to the color at my previous home which my ex-wife and I picked out. Small trade-off I guess. I'll think of her every day until I'm dead anyway, so what's a little wall color reminder? I'm not taking her back (well, maybe for a night or two) and I'm not repainting. Funny how these things work out.

• thinkdesignlive
    3か月前

Are you open to a rug there?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    質問の投稿者
    3か月前

I hadn't thought of it, but I will now. Thanks. It's all tile.

• Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはthinkdesignliveさんにお礼を言いました
  • Andee
    3か月前

Yes, an area rug to anchor the floor. The flamingoes are suspended in space, so some sort of console table underneath them. My kitchen is that color and I love it. It is cheery and surprisingly accommodates a lot of different decor.

• ffpalms
    3か月前

I like the cooler tones cawaps posted. Here’s a look at Benjamin Moore’s Blue Springs, and a natural fiber rug.

Joseph Corlett, LLCさんはffpalmsさんにお礼を言いました
PR