Houzz Logo Print
suewalton54

Wardrobes to match wall colour?

Daisy England
4か月前

I’m contemplating decorating the guest bedroom. I have cream curtains which l will keep and l do want a cream carpet.

My dilemma is the wall colour against the wardrobe fascias. I would like dark green walls (which would contrast nice against the cream curtains and carpet) but the wardrobe fascias also need updating and I’m unsure whether to match the dark green walls or whether it’ll be too much and if a cream would blend better.

I’ve added a couple of images which show the shade of green for the walls and also the design of wardrobe fascias.

Any thoughts?

コメント (5)

• Isla Cherry
    4か月前

I think it depends on your natural light and the size of the room. I am a big fan of painting wardrobes the same colour as the wall as they then "disappear". Could you paint a door in each colour against the wall and see which you prefer first? It's quite a job to change it later if you don't like your choice. I think the green would look great.

• 163 hrd
    4か月前

I would also go with the lovely green. I think cream wardrobes would chop the room up. If it was simply another empty wall without wardrobes you wouldn’t think twice about painting it green.

• PRO
    JLV Design Ltd
    4か月前

I agree with Isla Cherry and 163 hrd. You don't really want to make a feature of your wardrobes; having them the same colour as your wall will help make them blend.

You already have a cram carpet and cream curtain; add the colour through beddings, cushions and artwork.

• Jonathan
    4か月前

Why not paint the existing wardrobes and since you are in the biz replace them later if you don’t like them.

• Daisy England
    質問の投稿者
    4か月前

@Jonathan. Painting the existing wardrobes isn’t an option. They’ve been in for 30 years so are very dated. I’d like the design different. Currently they have the dressing table design in the middle which I’d like to dispense with and just have a continual flow of doors and any drawers hidden behind the front doors.

I’ve taken note of the comment that if it was an empty wall it wouldn’t be a different colour so green all round l think is the way we will go. It’s a guest bedroom not the main bedroom but it could be my occasional bedroom on hubby’s snoring nights 🤣