Houzz Logo Print
anne_estes027

Small bedroom help please

anne_estes027
6か月前

This is a guest room with a pull-out sofa bed. Dimensions about 8.5 x 12. Wood floor, kind of reddish overall. Original wood-pane windows. It is painted Benjamin Moore Salisbury Green, which is a blue green gray. Quite neutral but it's giving me fits. The room is dark. The BM suggested accent colors are in the dull grey, beige, off white grouping. Would prefer to brighten it up, but how?

Would like to get a slipcover for the sofa as it is quite dreary. Would like a small rug. Valance will stay but cover easily changed or painted. If anyone has any suggestions, thank you very much! And sorry about the pictures, couldn't figure out how to change them out for smaller versions.

コメント (14)

• Kendrah
    6か月前

First try better lighting fixtures with brighter bulbs. What lighting is in the room aside from the one lamp?

• anne_estes027
    質問の投稿者
    6か月前

There is a fluorescent fixture above the valance window. Cool white, 4000W plus or minus. Sometimes I think one of those corner lamps with three or so bulbs that arch overhead might work but I dunno. Thank you, perhaps better light would do the trick!

• mytwo cents
    6か月前
    最終更新:6か月前

I think the way to lighten up the green (and it can't be lightened up all that much) is to get a very green slipcover for the bed

a light rug like this might look nice, and the polka dots would be a nice touch with your valance.

You also might want to try a black lamp shade and a big beige print for the wall without a print.

• mytwo cents
    6か月前

nuLOOM Behati High-Low Polka Dot Tassel Contemporary Kids Shag Area Rug, Beige · 詳細

https://www.wayfair.com/decor-pillows/pdp/idea4wall-wall-art-print-set-shining-yellow-sun-on-the-horizon-geometric-nature-illustrations-modern-art-mid-century-modern-colorful-for-living-room-bedroom-office-sfta3622.html

GDF Studio Isadora Modern Fabric Throw Pillow, Emerald · 詳細

Quilted Cotton Velvet QCV-007 18"H x 18"W Square Pillow Cover in Grass Green · 詳細

Dann Foley Double Sided Pillow Floral Print and Green Velvet Right · 詳細

• Kendrah
    6か月前

I was wondering where the mystery glow was coming from around the valance! I'd try an LED light. I purchased one of these flat top torch lamps as a temporary fix while we were doing electrical work on our apartment. It has three different lighting temps on the switch, and it lit up a really large space. You can tilt the head to direct the light in different areas. It isn't the most attractive, but nor is it offensive. It is super easy to assemble too. I'd try it instead of the valance light.

https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/latitude-run-jernell-68-led-torchiere-floor-lamp-with-touch-control-and-remote-w005327743.html

• eld6161
    6か月前

It's a lot of felt space. An area rug maybe a cozy club chair?

anne_estes027さんはeld6161さんにお礼を言いました
  • anne_estes027
    質問の投稿者
    6か月前

These are such great suggestions! To mytwo cents, I love the idea of leaning into the green, and thanks for the decorating ideas and links!.

To Kendrah, thank you for the light suggestions. We may not have to repaint after all!

• Maureen
    6か月前

I think I’d lean into earthy and paint color will work well.. (The valance pattern is limiting choices). Wonder if you can take pictures from other angles and provide room’s dimensions/doorways, etc.

If possible, I’d move the pull out onto the long wall and place desk under window; use the space to your advantage and create a more balanced feel. Buy a rug last, as its size may vary depending on the layout. Regarding decor, look on line for inspiration and you only need a throw on the pull out and consider a floor lamp in corner next to window for extra light, but also to offset window.

anne_estes027さんはMaureenさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6か月前

I assume you use this space as an office too? If not get a bed and then think high end hotel room for the decor. IMO that green is not pretty and it does not seem to connect to anything. Wall color IMO is chosen after all other elements are chosen .Remove the valance and do some nice drapes and before that get a rug hopefully now with that green in it somewhere.

anne_estes027さんはPatricia Colwell Consultingさんにお礼を言いました
  • anne_estes027
    質問の投稿者
    6か月前

Many thanks to Patricia, Jan and Maureen! Wonderful suggestions and I think we'll be able to make some decisions that we'll be happy with. All of you are very much appreciated!

• acm
    6か月前

I'd be tempted to go neutral -- some white shade -- for the walls. Then you could use the valence and couch to guide your other decor and have some fun with it.

Blue Cowhide Patchwork Rug Circle Pattern, 8x10 · 詳細

Safavieh Soho soh753c Kids Rug, Blue/Multi, 5'0" X 8'0" · 詳細

Unique Loom Light Blue Philadelphia Trellis 4' 0 x 6' 0 Area Rug · 詳細

nuLOOM Solene Colorful Geometric Tasseled Area Rug, Blue 8' x 10' · 詳細

Or simplify the valence and just get some rug you like and use it for the color scheme...

Modern Persian Vintage Medallion Light Grey/Navy 8' x 10' Area Rug · 詳細

Boho Diamond Tufted Cotton Throw Pillow, Denim Blue, 18" X 18" · 詳細

• shelleysmith999
    6か月前

Following

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    先月

You might try looking for a rug, some pillows and some artwork to help liven the space some. You also might look into removing the valance from the window and doing a different window treament. Below are a few ideas from various designs of ours.

Casual Classic Remodel · 詳細

Charming Cottage · 詳細

PR