Houzz Logo Print
webuser_897432422

What colour sofa!?

Shenay Claassen
9か月前

Hi there,

We have just had this huge bed made bespoke and have a sofa that fits perfectly in front of it and keen to have the sofa re-upholstered.

I'm struggling to choose colouring! We thought to have the sofa the same colour as the bed but thinking it might be too bland? I am keen to keep a neutral/light scheme for this room but have to keep in mind the dog who loves sleeping in the room.

The bedsides on the second photo are new so was thinking to select lamps that will suit the sofa?

The current rug will be changed too.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

コメント (8)

• Sonia
    9か月前

The problem with re-upholstering is the cost. It costs about the same as a new sofa, so unless you love the one you have I would look for a new sofa. Charcoal grey would look lovely and you can jazz it up with colourful cushions. Choose a velvet type fabric and it will be easy to remove the dogs hairs with the tool below. It really does work.

• Shenay Claassen
    質問の投稿者
    9か月前

Thank you very much Sonia. Very useful comments :)

• HouzzUser-840414730
    9か月前

Blue goes well with this mushroom type colour. I have these 2 colours in my son's bedroom. And in my daughter's I used a mushroom- coloured bed head with lemon and it was also lovely. The bed head is a very versatile colour.....good luck with your choice.🤞

• susan sell
    9か月前

I'd definitely with dusty blue and have . Talle rlamps with blue shades

• Katy Gonzalez-Garcia
    9か月前

You could get a new sofa for the price you'd pay for upholstering your existing sofa. Red will look lovely, but any colour you choose would look better if you match it with bedside lamps, cushions, a rug or two and the sofa. A bold colour would make a striking change. Some shades of blue, brown and red are classed as neutrals.

• PRO
    Kirsty Lockwood Furnishings
    9か月前

Shenay, you have many options for the sofa, and it looks in good condition underneath so worth keeping and not throwing into landfill. The good news for you is that there is an amazing range of spillproof, easy clean and incredibly hard wearing fabrics available. Companies such as Panaz Fabrics, Warwick Fabrics and Linwood Fabrics have just what you need and at really reasonable prices.

If you would like to keep the neutral scheme then I suggest going just a shade darker than the bed so that it doesn't look to bland, as you said. Team it with some scatter cushions in a different colour - a pastel shade perhaps - and think texture. Try and mix up the textures in the room for depth and interest.

And the most important part - because our dogs are clearly that - put an inexpensive throw on the sofa in a neutral colour. They love to scuft it up to make their nest dont they? I buy two or three so I can rotate them through the wash.

Good luck and lovely bed!

Kirsty

• Mark McDoe
    9か月前

I find that blue complements this particular shade of mushroom very nicely. In fact, I used these two colours in my son's bedroom and it looked great. For my daughter's room, I paired a mushroom-coloured bed head with lemon accents, and it turned out lovely. The versatility of the bed head's colour makes it a great choice. Wishing you luck in making your decision.