Houzz Logo Print
manmeet_kaur26

help with small living space

Manya Kaur
9か月前

Hi. I have a space in my house for a formal living room that I am decorating to use for our personal second living room/chill out/reading space. So I want it to feel light and airy with lots of plants. I am still to add plants and small décor pieces on the side tables. But this is the layout and furniture I have gone with. But looking at it, I feel something is not right. Not sure what - the ottoman maybe? Also, I will be removing the two framed photos and putting one wide piece of art above chair.
Looking to experts here to help make this room look cohesive and well put together

コメント (9)

• katrina_ellen
    9か月前

Is there anymore of the room to see?

• Lyn Nielson
    9か月前

more of the room, please.

I would move the setee to the wall.

spin the rug the long way off the window wall and center it on the window.

Leave the window open to plantings and a low console Group the plants together for a full look, varied heights.

face the chair into the space for conversation.

Is that a mirror?

• RoomDesigner AI
    9か月前

I like what you have now but if you wanted more fill:

Generate interior design AI renders at RoomDesignerAI.com

• Manya Kaur
    質問の投稿者
    9か月前

Here’s the rest of the room

• jck910
    9か月前

I think the end tables are too low. I feel they need to be high enough for you to not have to reach down to place your book or drink.

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    9か月前

You might consider reorienting the pieces you have. You might try the loveseat where the chair is or taking the loveseat, floating it on the rug facing the window. You could also place the lamp in the corner and add some plants and thicker window treatments since the loveseat might not be in front of the window. Adding an accent color might help as well. If you are replacing the art with other artwork maybe try to work in an accent color there and with pillows.

Newton Arts and Crafts Home · 詳細

Cambridge Luxury Loft · 詳細

Weston Bauhaus · 詳細

Leather District Loft · 詳細

• arcy_gw
    9か月前

You are off to a great start! Love everything so far.

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    5か月前

It might be a good idea to look at removing the rug and the current art pieces. Here are two designs we did for clients, which might help you with your dilemma more. Notice the specific pieces used, along with window treatments, pillows, and various decor items.

California Ranch Transformation · 詳細

Charming Cottage · 詳細

PR