Houzz Logo Print
lisa_reddoch

Kitchen Uneven Cabinet Issue Solved!

Lisa Reddoch
10か月前

A while ago I asked the community to help me with my kitchen refresh. I needed ideas on how to update my old 90's outdated oak kitchen. One of my biggest issues I wanted to solve was my uneven cabinets. I SCOURED the internet trying to figure out a cost effective way to solve this problem as we were DIYing most of the refresh. With the help of Pinterest I came up with the idea to put up wine racks to even out the cabinets. I LOVE how it turned out. We did end up doing refacing in the kitchen. In my original post this wasn't an option but things changed mid refresh to where we could afford this service.

I hope this post helps someone looking to solve this problem.

Before

After

コメント (17)

• darbuka
    10か月前

Creative approach, and the update is effective. However, that close to the ceiling gets way too warm. It’s possibly the worst place to store wine.

• ilikefriday
    10か月前

Love the creativity. Looks fabulous!

• Kay p
    10か月前

Looks great! Kitchen looks fantastic….enjoy

• Sarah Marshall
    10か月前

Wow - what a kitchen! Fab job!

• Kendrah
    10か月前

Brilliant. I think a lot of people will get milage out of this.

• mcarroll16
    10か月前

I love it! So many people come here wondering how to deal with staggered cabinets. You've found a great solution.

• ptreckel
    10か月前

Drink the wine fast and replace it with empty bottles. No one will know the difference! Or…just drink your wine fast! ;>

• ci_lantro
    10か月前

That worked out nicely.

One other approach when you are planning to order new doors would be to add framing to level the tops and order larger doors

• Jean Beaber
    10か月前
    最終更新:10か月前

I love the new "wine connoisseur" look. I need something like that.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    10か月前

Great solution!

• Courtney
    10か月前

Seriously, smart and stylish. Nice work!

• emily9972
    10か月前

Looks so different! Wonderful update! Thanks for sharing!

• jemimabean
    10か月前

What a genius way to handle the dated staggered look. Your cabinets look great!

• Olychick
    10か月前

It looks fabulous. Agree it's not a great place to store wine for more than a week, but you can put empty screw top wine bottles up there (yes, some nice wines are using screw tops now). Or recork empty bottles and slice the extra cork off. You can color it with a perm marker so it isn't as obvious.

• Lisa Reddoch
    質問の投稿者
    10か月前

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a roller coaster kitchen refresh. The cabinets are Alder with a dark stain. I plan on drinking the wine FAST. Actually, some of the bottles in the picture are empty sssshhhhh... We thought of putting up a base and buying larger doors but I liked the idea of the wine rack better. I obviously did not do my homework on the best place to store wine...opps!

• Toni Hamlett
    10か月前

👍🏾 nice job