Houzz Logo Print
ncanavan

painting woodwork same as walls?

ncanavan
昨年

I want to use a shade of white for the walls in the living room & dining room. Do I paint the baseboards the same color or a pure white?

コメント (10)

• ncanavan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thanks!

• arcy_gw
    昨年

I dont' think a shade off would make the room feel smaller. It's for sure a personal preference. The sheen one's uses is not the same as a rule. The wood work is often done shinier. The walls flatter.

• ncanavan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

I never thought of sheen. Good point! Thanks

• PRO
    Top Drawer Carpentry LLC
    昨年

Yes. Paint it the same color

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    昨年

Yes, painting the walls and trim the same color is a great look, in white or any other color. It unifies the space and gives dimension with light and shadow instead of contrasting color. As suggested above, paint the walls matte and the trim satin for a nice look.

• ncanavan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

That seems to be the consense! Thanks!

• Lorraine Leroux
    昨年

I would paint the walls satin/eggshell/velvet a.k.a low sheen and the trim semi gloss but all the same colour especially if you are using white.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    昨年

Is the trim in the rest of the huse a different color from the walls? IMO all trim should be the same in a house . I do agree if you decide to do the trim the same color at least use semigloss for the trim. If you post pics of the spaces here it also helps and you do that in a comment on this post do not start another IMO some trim should be highlighted and some not so much

• ncanavan
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Yes I will be using a "shade" of white/creamy white. Thanks to all!

PR