Houzz Logo Print
mmtrevorross

advice on mirrored cabinet size relative to vanity

Hi, I'd love some advice on sizing for our mirrored cabinet (relative to vanity). We are getting a custom timber vanity & mirrored cabinet built (designs attached).

We would like to have as much cabinet space as possible, so we thinking that we would make the mirrored cabinet the same width as the vanity (1350mm), but I've seen some advice online that says that the mirrored cabinet should be narrower. Then again I've seen lots of pics online where the cabinet and vanity are the same width and it looks ok to me.

Thoughts much appreciated. thanks

コメント (8)

• C P
    昨年

Our vanity extends along a full wall and our mirror cabinets do the same (they also extend to ceiling) Absolutely brilliant amount of storage space

• C P
    昨年

I should add that they are recessed so don't stick out a great deal

• Kate
    昨年

Agree and give some thought about where your doors will split the mirror. You don’t want to be putting on makeup in front of the gap. You can also have open shelves on sides of mirror cabinet. Since you are having it made you can make it suit your needs and space.

• mmtrevorross
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thanks for all of the advice and tips! :) We'll be going with (semi-) recessed as well

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    昨年

If you like it to be the same width as your vanity then do that. Most bathrooms dont have a lot of storage so shaving cabinets with plenty of storage for those little things is a big plus.

• PRO
    Fontaine Industries
    昨年

I think you can definitely go with same width and semi-recessed since you would like to have as much cabinet space as possible. We've had lots of customers getting same length vanities and mirror cabinets before for design or storage purposes, and their results look great. I've attached below photos from their projects for your reference ;). Same length can look great especially for rectangular mirror cabinets.

• mmtrevorross
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thanks for the advice and all of the pictures - the bathrooms look beautiful!