Houzz Logo Print
matthew_mccallister79

HELP!! Should I carry the backsplash or end at the hood??

Matthew McCallister
昨年
最終更新:昨年

We are finishing our current kitchen remodel and i need opinions please!! Should we carry the backsplash to the tall cabinet or end it near the hood? Its appealing to end it at the hood, to have some distindistinction between the kitchen and dining room but i cant envision a pretty way to end it. I’ll attach photos that provide a few different angles. Thank you for any advice, it will be much appreciated!!

コメント (10)

• Matthew McCallister
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

Thank you, that is what we are lean to as of now.

• Angel 18432
    昨年

Yes, tile the whole wall.

• PRO
    Jill Nelson Design Service
    昨年

Yes, tile the whole wall and paint the awkward short blue wall, between the cabinet and corner, white to match the wall on the right of the photo.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    昨年

Tile the entire wall to the tall cabinet - it will look terrific!

• btydrvn
    昨年

When I first saw this post..i thought ..how dramatic and interesting…as is..very artistic and graphic…continuing the same tile will most likely have the horizontal effect of making the ceiling feel lower..while black open shelving on the black wall as is ….could be very interesting ..even contrasting shelving would still look more interesting than tiling the whole wall the same..also….without seeing the whole wall it is hard to be sure what else might work 🤷🏼‍♀️

• btydrvn
    昨年

“Whole wall”meaning …including the island in the picture

• btydrvn
    昨年

Your furniture and light fixture support a very exciting contemporary vibe … as well…

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    昨年

Yes that is true but the hood definately not contemporary I think you need to figure out if you want contemporary or farmhouse the lighting is all over the map and the yellow cast from the warm bulbs is skewing everything. As for the wall of tile IMO that wall is kitchen all the way so tile the whole wall if you want shelves plan them and add to the tiled wall

• btydrvn
    昨年

I agree ..the hood is the odd man out here…what are your plans for the hood finish?