Houzz Logo Print
melanie_wells65

Help! 2 or 3 Pendants over Kitchen Island?

Help! We are in the midst of giving our kitchen a facelift, and I don't know if these pendants for over the island are too small? The island is about 7' long, and currently has two large pendants that are about 15.5" diameter. Picture is of our current situation -

please excuse the mismatched backsplash, waiting on new one to be installed :)

The pendants we want are 12" diameter: https://www.build.com/z-lite-476p-rod/s1731954?uid=4097768&searchId=QGD1nkxjd8

Will 2 be enough based on where the existing ones are, or do we need to have a 3rd installed in the middle of them? Would rods be better than a cord? Does anyone have any reviews on these pendants in particular? We are pretty new to this so any help would be appreciated!

(and for what it's worth, the backsplash will be light grey subway tile and we're switching all the hardware to gold/bronze - new faucet is Brizo Luxe Gold)

コメント (8)

• lucky998877
    昨年

The placement of your pendants seems wrong. Is it just the picture, or do they line up with the edges of your island?

• Melanie Wells
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@lucky998877 the picture makes it look a little weird, but the edge of it falls about 6.5-7" from the edge of the counter. The new ones would be about 5.5-6" smaller in diameter so they'd be a little closer in towards the middle. I think the "hole" (not sure the right term) where it attaches to the ceiling is about 15" from the edge of the counter.

• barncatz
    昨年

The two smaller pendants will fit the space better. They are very pretty!

• PRO
    User
    昨年
    最終更新:昨年

Hope this helps!

Keep in mind the glass globes will feel far less visually heavy than your current pendants.

• Melanie Wells
    質問の投稿者
    昨年

@User That is super helpful, thank you!

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    昨年

Two pendants half that size, you outlet placement was centered to be that way. What you have now is much to large and in charge, the black also seems heavy. I would consider glass or mixed metal. Do not add a third pendant. Too much clutter.

I would have done this

• PRO
    MIRODEMI
    昨年

We think it would be better to hang 3 pendant lights, but smaller than the ones in your photo.

• PRO
    Miloni Mehta
    昨年

If oyu have large and heavy pendants; use two. Light and small; Use three.

there is an 8" option available. Since they are glass globes, they will provide sufficient illumination if you choose the correct bulb. so you could place 3 8" globes. Three trumps two in most things anyway. Sets of three look better, IMO.

PR