Houzz Logo Print
beverett1

Need help with Color Scheme

Barbara
10年前
I have remodeled my dining room which has reddish brown cabinets. I need a color scheme to complement the wood tones and which I can use in the adjoining rooms. Please help me determine up-to-date colors.

コメント (35)

• Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    I am going to change the dining room furniture once I sell what I currently have. Although gray is very popular, it does seem a little cold to me. But, maybe I have not seen one with the warm under tones, so I'll check it out...
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    roomscapes, is champagne metallic a paint color?
  • User
    10年前
    Beverett1- Did you decide to repaint the room now? I thought you just painted it the purple, are you having second thoughts?
  • User
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    I would open up my options with a color like this ;)
    Shelburne Buff HC-28 Paint · 詳細

Interior Repaint by Warline Painting · 詳細
  • PRO
    roomscapes
    10年前
    No and metallic paints take a bit of practice. I find that an easy solution to that is mixing the Modern Masters Champagne metalic into the pewter. It takes a bit but the effect is quite nice. Paint the Pewter first and apply a light coat of the pewter and metalic as a 1/2 and 1/2 mix.
    Barbaraさんはroomscapesさんにお礼を言いました
  • rinked
    10年前
    Something soft between gold and powder pink?
    Or a pale sage, white, a soft yellow. Steel grey/black/nightblue. A wallpaper.
    Too many options, so how do you want to limit them down?
    Northwest Modern · 詳細

Kaleidoscope Kitchen · 詳細

A House With Zip! · 詳細

True Residence · 詳細
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Margo, Yes, I have changed my mind about the purple. I think I have lived with saturated colors long enough and I need a change since I am spending more time at home. I want a paint color that will be lighter to open up the space and go well with the wood tones. Since I have an open floor plan, I want sometime that I can easily use in the other areas or easily find a complementary color for the adjoining space. Thanks for you continued help in my search of the right colors.
  • User
    10年前
    Is the kitchen staying green?
  • PRO
    purehome
    10年前
    One of the more popular paint colors right now is a muted grayish blue. It always looks gorgeous, and can be warm in incandescent light, and refreshing in natural light. Dark blue is another gorgeous wall color. Great job on the remodel!

Cyprus Pointe - Transitional Cottage · 詳細

Traditional Bedroom · 詳細

Jennifer Brouwer Design Inc. · 詳細

dakota · 詳細

Various Work · 詳細

Reflecting room · 詳細
    Barbaraさんはpurehomeさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Margo, I am going to change the green in the kitchen, too. Here is the finished kitchen which is next to the dining room. The kitchen has black tile, so there is nothing in the kitchen that dictates a specific color.
  • User
    10年前
    I think either a golden beige or some of the gray colors that Pure Home has shown above.
    BarbaraさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    rinqreation, it is a wonderful, yet overwhelming, dilemma to pick a color. I favor jewel tones, but I want to use these colors for accents when I have used these colors in the past for the wall color. The grays that I have seen have not been "happy" colors to me since they have appeared to be cold. But, if there are some grays with undertones of warmer colors, then I can consider them.
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Pure Home, is there a specific blue/gray color that would go will go well with reddish brown cabinets?
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Are there some gold tones that would work with the cabinets?
  • rinked
    10年前
    A champagne color should not be difficult to find. And in your kitchen you could use black for those small bits of wall around windows and cabinets, will look grand (black is a neutral too when used in the right quantities). Good luck!
    Barbaraさんはrinkedさんにお礼を言いました
  • superbbchen
    10年前
    Tooooo much neutral color! I would recommend something bright to open up the space, like lime green! And then use grey or white or cream for the rest. This is my new green wall!!! ;)
    Barbaraさんはsuperbbchenさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    superbbchen, Your lime wall looks good in your kitchen. I love jewel tone colors and I am not afraid of them. However, for a change for me, I was thinking about a more neutral color than the purple and then using the more dramatic color for the window treatment. I have been looking for months for drapery material for the purple without luck, so I think it might be easier to change the paint color.
  • nursecrt
    10年前
    I don't know much about decorating, which is why I love Houzz so much, but I think you should pick a material for the drapes you love and pick a wall color from them.
  • superbbchen
    10年前
    Totally understand what you are saying about the drapery. I have gotten some great drapes from (of all places) Overstock. We need blackout drapes where I live, which makes it tough. What about getting them made? Not necessarily expensive and a good fabric store might have just what you want. Good luck!!!!
    Barbaraさんはsuperbbchenさんにお礼を言いました
  • indianpatti
    10年前
    I would go with a gray ... darker blue drapes/accents ... bits of purple.
    Barbaraさんはindianpattiさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thanks for letting me know about Overstock as a source of draperies. I have been looking at fabric stores, but the options have been limited.
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    indianpatti, the picture you posted of the gray paint seems to really complement the blue. I guess the trick is getting the right gray with the blue undertones....

I hope to go to the paint store by tomorrow, so I see what I can find. Unfortunately, the paint stores in my area just seem to sell paint without helping me understand the undertones.
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW peacock plume
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW meditative
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW aquasphere
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW adrift
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW watery
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW waterscape
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW studio blue green
  • mefor
    10年前
    SW alexandrite
  • mefor
    10年前
    Sw grandview
  • mefor
    10年前
    Sw languid blue
    Barbaraさんはmeforさんにお礼を言いました
  • Barbara
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    mforr, Thanks so much for posting the different samples of paint. This gives me a better idea of what to look for.
  • mefor
    10年前
    You're very welcome :)