Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_phelps36

Help me style my kitchen table

Steph H
2年前

What could I put in this seagrass tray to make it look nice? Thanks for your help. I tried to capture some of my kitchen to give a sense of what’s going on style-wise.

コメント (29)

• apple_pie_order
    2年前

A vase of yellow sunflowers or a potted rose-pink cyclamen would be lovely. If you want to fill the basket with something, fresh fruit would be good.

• mcarroll16
    2年前

A small tray inside the basket that hold salt and pepper grinders, plus either a plant or a stack of napkins.

• chloebud
    2年前

You can't go wrong with fruit. We have a lemon tree, so there are always lemons somewhere on display in the kitchen. I like to include the leaves, too.

• Fori
    2年前

kittens.

:)

• Anna Janse Van Rensburg
    2年前

Something green

• sushipup2
    2年前

The tray is nice but you really need some color.

Calico kittens would be nice.

• Angel 18432
    2年前

Really......................

• adasami
    2年前

Some metal tray maybe with green apple or a white orchid flower in a fake rack/cimment pot

• Helen
    2年前

Something to soften and warm it up. The tray is a start.

• Frances Miller
    2年前

Saw on Houzz.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2年前

Fruit in a bowl and no basket . I agree you need color and those Edison bulbs are doing you no favors sinc they add a layer of yellow lighting to everything.

• njmomma
    2年前

I actually have that tray on my coffee table and love it.

In your case I would put it in the corner where your white striped bowl is and fill it with a salt and pepper shaker, small cutting board, olive oil, small plant of basil. It will bring some of your wood tones to the white counter top.

On your wood counter, I would find an bowl that brings in some of the nickel elements and fill it with apples.

Inspiration:

Sesgo Twisted Bowl · 詳細

• fahimaqalbani
    2年前

Condiments in pretty bottles

• Janie
    2年前

The possibilities are endless . The key being your style. Farmhouse, coastal, beach, etc. plus I’m a believer in displaying some of your own treasures if you have them. A pretty colorful bowl, candle holder , cup and saucer , small decor signs ..a few ideas for starters. I like the idea of the fall one but changing out some items with the seasons or holidays . With your choice of colors . A plant holder that you could exchange reddish colors for Valentines, clear glass globe candle holder, etc then Spring could add touches of blue and yellow … let your imagination soar with those possibilities!

• sherihorvath
    2年前

Love Janie's idea, You already have the basket, I would add a rectangular placemat under it for more texture and color. This can also be changed with the season.

• ItCity Girl
    2年前

You seem to like the color blue. I would wallpaper the wall facing the viewer in a muted wallpaper that has blue accents for a more subdued look or go all out with a blue chinoiserie pattern first or eventually. I would add ceramic spheres in chinoiserie (if you’re doing a subdued wallpaper look) or solid blue spheres placed on your trays. .. I think that tray is too small for your elongated table, so in order to balance it out, you’ll need two trays.

• rancherogrl
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

I think the basket is the wrong size for the table. Something about the ratio of the round basket to the width of table is off, and it's too rustic compared the rest of the decor. The color isn't right with the wood, either. Try something sleeker that's long and narrow down the center of the table, like a modern trough with plants or candles.

• Tonya Arbeit
    2年前

Agree with Janie. With the length of the table, maybe a short textured runner that compliments your shades underneath.

• demolition
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

How about a fresh pineapple surrounded by a watermelon, lemons & limes; restock as needed with other delicious colorful fruits!

• Steph H
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Would something along these lines be better since it’s a long table and I lean slightly modern? I just never know what to put in trays. Thanks for the tips

• mcarroll16
    2年前

I like that white tray for the modern style and the color contrast. Something similar but a bit larger could be great. I also agree with a poster above who suggested the basket tray in the corner where you have the white & blue bowl. The brown earthy basket would give nice contrast in that bright white corner.

• Stacey
    2年前

Try looking at a bigger white wood dough bowl for fruit/candles/plants

• acm
    2年前

I'd probably do the practical salt/pepper/napkins myself, but if you want pure decor, an angular tray with a few small succulents, or some moss/twig balls, or whatever would look great.

Set of 3 Small Artificial Succulents In Square Pots · 詳細

Artificial Moss Ball, 12" · 詳細

Chip Driftwood Ball Wall Decor, 8" · 詳細

Twig Decorative Ball, Gold, 6", 6" · 詳細

3" White Stripes Porcelain Ball Set · 詳細

• Amanda Hall
    2年前

What about those ornamental balls you can buy. They come in different colours and you can change them with the season.

• PRO
    Dwell Style Interiors
    2年前

I may be the only one here asking for more photos!! Your bright, clean, white kitchen is lovely from what I can see in your photo.
    My initial reaction was that your table (or is it a bar attached or separate??) appears to be too much of a contrast in the space. That’s why seeing more photos would be very helpful. I love the basket however it really doesn’t make a statement where it is or with the similar color of tabletop. So here goes:

1. if the wood could be white washed or painted white to blend in or match the countertops of kitchen then the space would look larger and thus more continuity.
    2. then the basket with the other suggestions would look stunning (see Janie’s photos as examples)
    3. if painting tabletop isn’t an option then place something long rectangular shape in a white shade (like kitchen) with greenery, moss type balls or orbs or fresh fruit. The white will connect with the white that’s in the kitchen.
      You’ve been given some great ideas and options. You’ll know what to do when you step back and look and when your heart resonates with a YES, then go for it!!!! You’ve got this! 🙌
      Thank you,

Virginia Youngblood
    Dwell Style Interiors
    https://www.dwellstyleinteriors.com

• cda1028
    2年前

you’ve got do many stools in that area that i think you intend to eat there so there’ll be plates, cups, cutlery taking up space there’s no contast to the tray and the table as both are dark. use the tray somewhere else and try something lighter and taller like a white lantern that will interact with the color of the cabinets and lights hanging down

• kathy Dominick
    2年前

I found this on Houzz