Houzz Logo Print
kate_grandison

Artwork in master bedroom

Kate
2年前

Suggestions welcome in regard to the best orientation (landscape/portrait) for an artwork piece and the location (above king size bed/offset to one side of bed). Ceiling height is 3m but there is a bulkhead above the bedhead which reduces ceiling height to 2.7m. There are full length curtains to the right of the bed and a glass sliding door to the left of the bed.

コメント (9)

• Julie Herbert
    2年前

It’s a matter of balance, a large artwork can be set to the side and looks fabulous, or a collection hung in a group , above a bedside table or a striking piece of foliage to compliment the artwork looks stunning plus a beautiful light fitting … gorgeous.

• bigreader
    2年前

I think given your bulkhead a set of three would be better as they aren’t as tall.

• User
    2年前

The walls right now are very plain , but my cunning plan would be a longer landscape ( orientation and maybe design ) picture centred above the bed -- say 2 metres long and 800-1000mm tall , BUT also have 2 complementary pics the same height , but square ( so 800 x 800 or 1 metre x 1 metre ) and the same height from the floor -- one halfway between the larger pic and the 'left' wall ; the other pic on the other wall about where the photo you posted , finishes . I hope that makes sense -- basically 3 inter-related pics .

• Lisa
    2年前

Just a suggestion, push your pillows together or add some cushions in the centre . If you add artwork above in whatever configuration, your bed will always look split in half if there is a big gap between the pillows. See other photos above for inspiration.

• PRO
    signarture
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

Hi Kate,

We offer all our original artworks in 'panoramic' and 'triptych' dimensions that are specifically designed to work well above bedheads and behind couches.

Artwork itself is of course a very personal choice, but take a look at our online gallery and if you find something that you love, we'd love to create it for you.

signarture ‘braidwood’ perspex plexiglas artwork · 詳細

signarture 'burrawang' perspex plexiglas artwork · 詳細

• Anne Monsour
    2年前

The Perspex art is interesting.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Lauren Shiels Interior Design
    2年前

If you are wanting to offset the art to one side then do portrait.