Houzz Logo Print
vmordak

kitchen hardware

vmordak
2年前

We are repainting our kitchen (thinking top cabinets white and bottom blue), along with putting in porcelain backsplash and counters. Because they are flat panel cabinets, I’m having trouble deciding on the hardware. I wanted satin brass pulls throughout (in different sizes) but now I’m
concerned with how they will look on flat panel cabinets. My other options are knobs, which I wasn’t thrilled with since I wanted a change. I could also consider not putting any hardware on top cabinets all all (magnetic). Any advice on What could and could Not work?

コメント (10)

• vmordak
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Yes I forgot to mention that we are lowering the counter and desk area. We are having it painted by a pro as well. If I stay one toned then I will have to rethink the color scheme but it is something to consider. Thanks for the advice.

• Donna Collins
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

Do you have a particular style you're trying to achieve? The cabinetry itself seems quite modern, but the rest of what I see in your photos is pretty traditional. I agree with Patricia Colwell that a two tone kitchen doesn't seem like it would work in this space. Have you considered going with a single non-white color? I think bright white flat panel cabinets would look quite stark. A pale green, aqua, or blue would all be nice and would look pretty with brushed brass. Before you do anything, though, you should carefully evaluate your cabinetry and make sure it's in good condition. There's no point in spending a lot of money on new countertops to go on top of cabinets that are on their last legs.

• vmordak
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Donna Collins, I would love to do all blue, especially because I’m trying to achieve a coastal look, just thought it may to too risky since there are so many cabinets and it may look overwhelming so I thought to break it up buy paining the tops white. It is something to consider though…

• Donna Collins
    2年前
    最終更新:2年前

Something like Benjamin Moore Ocean Air might be pretty. It's a bit warmer than a lot of blues and not too bright. Since you're worried about too much color, I'd definitely suggest painting some posterboard that's cut to the same size as your cabinet doors and tape it in place. Do a couple of posterboards so you can put them on a cabinet pair (top and bottom) and then live with the color for a couple of days to see what it's like at various times of the day.

• vmordak
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Hi - I’m just curious why you don’t believe rat two towns would work well in this kitchen?

• vmordak
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

*two toned

• Donna Collins
    2年前

Your upper cabinet doors are taller than the doors on your lower cabinets. I think a two-toned paint scheme would accentuate that and make your lower cabinets look stumpy. You could get away with a contrasting color on the island, though.

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    2年前

Maybe sharing a few of our kitchen designs with you will help you decide how you'd like to proceed with your redesign. Please notice the countertops, backsplash, cabinet colors, hardware, and paint colors.

Casual Classic Remodel · 詳細

Colorful Remodel · 詳細

Charming Cottage · 詳細

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    2年前

You can never go wrong with nickel or brushed nickel hardware for your color scheme. check out our kitchen projects to get some ideas. :) Kitchen Projects