Houzz Logo Print
jean_kraus

how is the wood counter top joined to the marble?

Jean Kraus
2年前

Love the island counter top. I want to do a similar mixed product counter top, but I’m getting negative feed back from trades. They all want me to either drop or raise the butcher bock at the connection to my quartz. Would appreciate information on how this counter top was joined. Thanks

Observatory Park Contemporary Kitchen · 詳細

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Kitchen Distributors
    2年前

The wood countertop is raised, and I believe there is a metal support that spans from the marble into the wood. Unfortunately, the support system was designed by the countertop fabricator, @Grothouse Wood Countertops so I don't have details aside from that. I would reach out to them for any additional information if needed.

In our opinion, having the wood countertop raised is a great design detail, helping to segment each area, allowing them to be separate but part of the same space. When both are level, the effect isn't as great. That said, there may be an engineering issue here as well that I'm not aware of. Hope this helps!!

• Jean Kraus
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thank you, I appreciate your quick reply. I will talk to me counter top supplier