Houzz Logo Print
bhayes3

Blank wall

B S
10年前
I need advise on what to do with this blank space? My dinette is only 48" but the wall is 65 inches. I don't need to keep the pictures? I am thinking a console table? Any ideas?

コメント (11)

• B S
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Advice*. Thanks :)
  • Chem K
    10年前
    I would hang them closer with a gap of 1.5 to 2in . If there is no need for a console a clear walk through is better. Less is more!
  • abbyjean
    10年前
    最終更新:10年前
    I rather like the idea of a console table there if it matches the table enough. THEN decide how to hang the pics, but I am guessing they will need to be closer as the table will not be that long. I am guessing the width of one frame would be perfect for the distance between them.

I see there is an outlet there, too, just in case you put a lamp on the table.
  • willjea
    10年前
    A console/buffet would look nice there, and would be handy for setting out food. It looks like you have quite a bit of room, so I don't think it would look cluttered- I think it would cozy it up. Agree with chemayne about hanging the framed prints closer together. If you have extra dining chairs, you could have a small seating area against the wall with a little drop leaf table to double as a server/buffet. Good luck! It's a warm/pretty room! I just moved into my first little house, and isn't it tricky figuring out what to do with some things? :)
  • willjea
    10年前
    Also, if you're not committed to the framed prints, a nice big decorative mirror always looks sophisticated and opens up a room without adding the appearance of clutter (maybe a round one to balance things out).
  • B S
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thank everyone! Does anyone have an pictures of a console table that you would think would work well?
  • Noshir Dubash
    10年前
    From a very practical mind, do you need a buffet table? do you host enough? is the small table big enough for your needs? when you leave some empty space it makes the place look a bit more spacious. To the designers in this forum, do we really need to fill out every single wall ?
  • B S
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Thanks Luxxe Designs :) Any furniture idea? Clara- I don't need a buffet table but I would prefer a side/console table for storage or maybe a storage for wine glasses?
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Are the centers 60" above the floor? Hang them just the width of a single one of the frames apart. Try a floating buffet to keep the floor open. With furniture beneath them they should be about 5" above the item's surface.
    Lake Road Dining Room · 詳細

A.P. House · 詳細
  • sky68
    10年前
    I like the idea of a large mirror and the floating buffet. You could also do several floating shelves and place pics and artwork on them.
    B Sさんはsky68さんにお礼を言いました