Houzz Logo Print
msmaggie38654

Posts on stones

So the structure floats on top of the stones placed under each post for the foundation?
いかだ丸太の家/小さな小屋をイメージ · 詳細

コメント (5)

• PRO
    2年前

Thank you for your message.

You're right. It is just a pillar on top of a stone.

This is the traditional structure of Japanese houses, but it is rarely used nowadays because concrete foundations have become the mainstream.

However, all of us involved in this project, including myself, love Japanese architectural culture, so we adopted this structure this time.

• 2年前
    最終更新:2年前

It's fascinating thank you so much for sharing these pictures. The various portions of the construction interest me very much as they would be adaptable for a pole building I'm planning. The construction process you have shown is very logical and approachable. The craftmanship is stunning. The stone and post system would not work in this soil type. We have expansive clay so posts are buried into the ground. Thank you for sharing this story.

• 2年前

Interesting !

• PRO
    2年前

Indeed, the ground here is very good. That's why this stone foundation structure is possible. Of course, there is compacted crushed stone under the stone to support it.

I hope your project will be successful.

• 2年前

Thank you for adding more detail. It's a beautiful dwelling you have built. I really enjoyed seeing it