Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16329084

Advice for Entryway (rug/bench)

User
2年前

I’d love advice on a rug and whether we should keep the bench. Thank you! Rest of the main floor is in navy, teal, green and grey.

コメント (7)

• ptreckel
    2年前

I would place the bench, which looks nice, on the other side of the entrance. Consider that when you swing the door open, you will hit it. You might swap the art and mirror, too, if you want the picture over the bench. A narrow console on the other side beneath the mirror would look good. Your flooring has a pink tone to it, so anything that is gray dominant will exaggerate the pink in the tiles.

• User
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thank you so much. I definitely want to tone down the pink undertone. What size rug would you recommend?

• ptreckel
    2年前

As felizlady says, a rug probably 4 x 6 or 5 x 7. (I am assuming that your tiles are 12” x 12”.). Tape out both options and see what looks best to your eye. The natural break between the entrance and the door on the left is the perfect length, I think.

• houssaon
    2年前

A colorful pattern rug with gray and other colors from adjacent rooms would look good. About four feet wide and almost the length of the entry.

• PRO
    Courtney Thomas Design
    2年前

Here are a few of the entryways we have done for our clients. Please note the console tables, artwork, mirrors, and various other decor.

Altadena Farmhouse: Phase 2 · 詳細

La Canada Blvd Residence: Entry · 詳細

• User
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

These were all so helpful in making our entryway feel more complete. Thank you!