Houzz Logo Print
webuser_845103215

colour scheme with this sofa

Hi
Please could I get some advice on a colour scheme to go with this teal velvet sofa?
It won’t have the cushions.
Need advice on a rug, wall colour, floor, accessories?
Many thanks.

コメント (9)

• User
    2年前

That looks more blue than teal to me. Do you want to go light or dark? How bright is the room?

• Jill Galvin
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Hi Sarah
    The room is an extension. Lots of windows and bright. I would prefer to go lighter than darker. Thanks

• Jill Galvin
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

It’s 6m by 4m

• PRO
    Julie Rawding Interiors
    2年前

Same room and same sofa - you can create a nice and calm room if you go for a combination of natural colours and materials.

• PRO
    Renoar Design
    2年前

Hi Jill,

As you were already advised, it all depends what you want to achieve. A comfortable snug (in our opinion always complemented with darker warmer colours) or a lively, summery escape on those rainy days (that we had many off recently) when we would definitely advise you to go with light tones as Julie from Rawding Interiors advised. When you have plenty of light anything is possible-one of our clients went with bold colours to energise this city central studio.

It is really up to you and what your desires are. Good luck!

Compact one bedroom flat with bold colours · 詳細

• Jill Galvin
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Thanks to everyone for your comments. This is the first time I’ve done anything like this.
    Sorry for not giving enough information.
    It will be an extension on the back of the house. Lots of light.
    Bi fold doors, 3 velux windows in the roof. All white frames.
    It will have oak laminate flooring.
    Was thinking to have a big rug.
    The sofa and armchair are teal velvet.
    Not sure what colour to have on the walls, the colour of the cushions and the rug.
    If anyone has any suggestions they will be gratefully received. Thanks again. Jill

• Sonia
    2年前

Here’s some ideas from Pinterest. Teal velvet how fab! Teal goes well with yellow cushions, but also mixed neutral shades like the first pic below. I woukd keep the walls an off white, but I think dusky pink would also look good. I recently bought a rug from Dunelm called The Parker and it comes in neutrals or blues and think the blue one May look good.

Dunelm Parker Rug in blue

• Jill Galvin
    質問の投稿者
    2年前

Love the ideas in these pictures. Thanks Sonia!