Houzz Logo Print
christylessley

NEED HELP PLEASE!

I’ve purchased 4 of these chairs to have a sitting area around fireplace. My question is, what style coffee table do I need to go with? Preferably round. Before I ordered chairs I was wanting to go with a round gold base with glass top but with these chairs I didn’t think that would go now.

コメント (18)

• PRO
    FAME Architecture and Design
    3年前

Hi Christy,

it really depends on the overall mood you are going for. What does the rest of your space look like?

• jck910
    3年前

Post a picture of the space

• PRO
    Flat Pack Kitchen Design
    3年前

What other woods and metals do you have going on in the house?

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

The space is blank now. I’m just trying to figure out a direction I want to go. Would y’all mind giving me a couple of different ideas?

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I love this rug! Think it would go?

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

This is on wall but not sure it will stay in same room but definitely in same house

• calidesign
    3年前

The rug is fine with the chairs if the size is right. I think a glass and metal table would be fine if it's a simple transitional style, and sized correctly for the chairs.

• shirlpp
    3年前

The fireplace is there right? Pics pls...

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

This room is long so on the other end from fireplace will be dining table.

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I would love to take mantle down and redo the fireplace area.

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Walls are revere pewter

• Maureen
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

Chairs are really lovely. I have a few suggestions and hope they help.

Coffee table: Fireplace location is so close to wall/couch and four chairs may feel squeezed in and therefore; not only think about table‘s style, but its size (and suggest round). It’s hard to suggest a style, but found some on the site below that are not too delicate, to suit your chairs and room. See pictures at the end of comments. They have different price points, 20% off with their code and free delivery. There is also a sale category.

https://www.burkedecor.com/collections/coffee-tables

Rug: I’d consider a less busy style - textured, more natural will suit the chairs and if only being placed in this seating area, the rest of room will be easier to decorate around. Size and shape are important due to location. If rug is for entire room, ignore the above points

Accessorizing: You have introduced chairs that are a very different style than your couch and wall/mantle decor. Over time, you may feel you’ll want to update so room feels more complimentary. If you haven’t already, suggest looking at lots of inspiration pictures to get ideas Ie: mantle decor above is simple and fresh.

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thank you!! This helps so much! Furniture is going and so is the decor on the mantle. Really appreciate you helping!

• calidesign
    3年前

You might try painting the mantle the same white as your moldings before you decide to remove it, to get rid of the antiquing.

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

@calidesign Do you think I should paint the tile around fireplace white along with the mantle surround?

• calidesign
    3年前

No, I'd leave the tile as is. It's hard to see in your photos, but the darker tile color of the hearth blends better with your flooring. Is it granite? I'd just paint the mantle and see what you think. You could consider painting the mantel a deep expresso/bronze color instead of white, that would blend in with the tile. You could also try to remove the mantle in one piece, to better see what your options are underneath. You may be able to add a straight mantel across the top of the fireplace with the current tile. But I wouldn't pull it apart unless you're committed to changing the tile as well in case you need to.

• Christy Lessley
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thank you for your help!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3年前

The chairs are attractive, but when you're looking for as much space as possible, a 'tub' chair with a curved back might have offered you more space in the room.

PR