Houzz Logo Print
helaurin93

Super Susan vs Super Susan Pullout - pros, cons, experiences?

helaurin93
3年前

Hi everyone,

Looking for any pros/cons or experiences comparing a Super Susan Pullout vs a regular Super Susan. Thanks in advance!

vs.

コメント (14)

• Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

I have a super-susan--it's in my baking section and holds almost all of my baking supplies except for pans. I have my sugars, flours, chocolates, extracts, etc. Love it, so efficient and useful.

helaurin93さんはAnna (6B/7A in MD)さんにお礼を言いました
  • felizlady
    3年前

Access to the back of that corner is minimal, so I would definitely get the pullout.

helaurin93さんはfelizladyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Toni Hamlett
    3年前

Super Susan. Based on the picture of the Susan with pull outs looks like you lose space because everything has to fit within the 3 sections. With the super Susan you don’t have the width limitations. Keep us posted on what you decide.

helaurin93さんはToni Hamlettさんにお礼を言いました
  • Amy Lynn
    3年前

I have a Super Susan and I love it. It's just like the second picture you posted. it has so much room on it with no brackets, dividers, or center post. This makes it easy to move stuff around and rearrange if I need to put something bigger in there. There are no problems reaching anything because, obviously, I just spin it until I see what I need. I don't think I would like the limitations of the divided sections, but I can see the appeal of being able to use the pull out for often used items.

helaurin93さんはAmy Lynnさんにお礼を言いました
  • Amanda Abbott
    3年前

I have a lazy Susan now and I hate it with a passion. In our reno that will begin soon, we are doing the corner drawers instead.

• Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    3年前

A super Susan is different from a lazy Susan

• Muriel Thompson
    3年前

I wonder if people who don’t like their susans have inadequate depth to the shelves? I’ve read complaints of things falling off in the back, but I’ve never experienced that, even with a lot of years of susan use. Helaurin, are you doing inset bases? My parents susans with inset cabinets are really nice because you don’t have to open a door, the door just spins with the rest of the cabinet.

helaurin93さんはMuriel Thompsonさんにお礼を言いました
  • txponygirl
    3年前

I have a super susan and I love it.

• helaurin93
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

@Muriel Thompson I *may* be doing inset - not sure yet. I've seen what you describe and it sounds really nice :)

• Ilove MyLife
    3年前

I have a Super Susan (didn't know the Super name until now). No posts and it fits pots and food processor and rice cooker and everything so well.

I also have something similar to the Hafele LeMans II. I could not put a Super Susan in the 2nd corner due to the available width on the "second" cabinet. My pullout is narrower than the one shown in the photo, but it still adds nice access to storage, without crawling around on the floor.

I would not complicate a Super Susan with a pullout like your first photo. That movement just breaks up the space and pulling out that center piece will bump other objects.

• PRO
    Studioayse
    3年前

I agree with Hanson Carlen. As a designer I always use pull out or magic corner instead of rolling corners (super Suzan) so users can see everything at the same time instead of keep rolling the tray to find things in the dark cabinet. Hafele is one of the best brand and I highly recommend their products.

helaurin93さんはStudioayseさんにお礼を言いました
  • Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

We have 2 corners in our small kitchen and I have a Hafele Magic Corner that is used to hold our small appliances: Griddler, Vitamix, food processor, Atlas pasta machine, waffle iron and the Super Susan to hold the baking ingredients. I thought my pictures posted above, but I guess not.

• wilson853
    3年前

@helaurin93, We have a Super Susan in one kitchen and in our primary kitchen I voided the corner and put larger drawer bases on each side of the corner which I much prefer as it is easier to see everything. One side has a three-drawer base and the other a four-drawer base. I might like our Super Susan more if it was lit up like your inspiration photos. It is often suggested here to take inventory of what you need to store before choosing your storage options. The Susan pullout looks cool but I'd be afraid of the limitations with the tiny sections, especially the half circles. Here's an old thread that may be helpful.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/2472094/corner-cabinet-space-calculations-and-analysis

helaurin93さんはwilson853さんにお礼を言いました