Houzz Logo Print
ambernewgard

engineered hardwood colors

I’m in the painful process of picking flooring for our new build and finding many of the floors I love the look of online do not appear to look anything like the samples I receive - I received more than one sample for a few options and many of the samples don’t even look anything like each other! Has anyone installed lighter natural EHW flooring that they recommend? I’m finding so many light options have a pink tone that I hate. Also should mention we’re looking in the 5-7sq ft range. Thanks!!!

コメント (6)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    3年前

That price range is going to be tricky. Many of those products will be mass produced overseas. The quality control over color may not be a good as you would hope.

• Josephine L
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I’ve mostly been looking at white oak options but that’s very good to know, I will make sure to check for red/white. The brands I’m looking at are ADM, Mannington and Stuga which all have options in my price range. Not sure if anyone has experience with these brands.

• SJ McCarthy
    3年前

To me 'light' means the natural colour of wood = soft yellow. Are you looking for a 'white washed' floor? Or are you looking for a soft yellow?

• Josephine L
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I’m ok with some yellow, I just want to avoid the yellow oak reminiscent of the 90s! I actually like the look of some of the white washed options but many of them have a pink tone I don’t care for.

• SJ McCarthy
    3年前

The 'orange tones' of the 80's 'honey oak' isn't the wood. It is the OIL BASED polyurethane. It turns yellow all by itself (if you paint white drywall with oil based poly it turns orange as it dries).

The white or lime wash is difficult to get out of the 'peach' tones. The ONE way to do it is to work with the EXPENSIVE European Oak. E Oak loves to turn 'silvery' as it ages. It is very lovely and it naturally moves towards a very light silver gray.

Go ahead and google European Oak hardwood floors. You will see millions of photos.

PR