floating stairs

Peterke
3年前

How to integrate floating (cantilevered) stairs into framed wall

コメント (7)

• Peterke
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Anybody have any recommendations how to structurally integrated a cantilevered stairs into a framed wall?

• BT
    3年前

When you order a staircase from a stair building company, or supply hse they will do it for you. You will provide them run & rise as well as location of a framed wall.

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    3年前

Carefully! If it was my house, I'd have a structural engineer work out a detail for the connections, considering static and dynamic loads.

Good luck.

PS: Common requirement in most building codes is a continuous handrail on at least one side,

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    3年前

Are you building the stair yourself, or are you hiring a skilled and experienced stair builder?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3年前

It ain't all that. You tie the treads into the wall framing. Float away.

• Seabornman
    3年前

If you're talking about a floating stair that appears to have no support and cantilevers off of a wood framed wall, I believe you can use a structural steel stringer that can be buried in the wall, and may need supports within the wood framing.

• PRO
    Demax Staircase&Railing
    昨年

There are two ways to fabricate steel frames. One is providing steel posts on the wall framing, another is adding some extra wood posts to hold the floating stair stringer. Cantilevered floating stair is more expensive than a central spine floating staircase.

PR