Houzz Logo Print
debmcgrail

useless space need help

Deb Mcgrail
3年前
最終更新:3年前

Painting my upstairs hallway and need ideas on what to do with this space. Approximately 4 x 8
Please help

コメント (29)

• tozmo1
    3年前

A great place for a comfy chair and ottoman for a reading nook with or without bookshelves or maybe just book shelves against the wall. Or, it could have a little desk hideaway. Or maybe a cozy window seat at the end or that is an L shape against the wall.

Traditional Staircase · 詳細

STAIRWAY LANDING · 詳細

Interior Renovation - Grant Park, Atlanta · 詳細

Potato Patch | Vail, CO · 詳細

Pond Road · 詳細

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thank you so much for all your comments, I originally had thought that it was to narrow for a chair and bookcase.

I feel much better about it now. I’ll send more pics when done.

• anj_p
    3年前

I think it may be too narrow as most chairs are 3' so it will probably feel squished, but I love the idea of benches & book cases (or a bookcase bench?) maybe with a larger window seat bench at the end. Maybe some wall sconces.

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Looks a lot bigger when empty .every tome I have tried to put a chair it did seem squished. I love the idea of the curtains the same with as the landing I think that will make a big difference.

• Lala
    3年前

Don't you wish you could carry the floor over?

Smaller scale chair?

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

And bookcase on the wall

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

View from the left side top of stairs

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Linen closet ,two bedroom doors, and when I turn another Door going into the bathroom and then another bedroom

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I was also thinking about painting the doors a darker color

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Way too many doors for such a small space

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I think I have a lot of work cut out for me

• anj_p
    3年前

I once had a designer tell me my space was "death by a thousand doors."

• Maureen
    3年前

If you didn’t have young children (with bannister too close) a hanging chair by the window would be a great place to read. You could add a series of framed prints on the long wall, a hemp or sisal runner and rattan blind. You may not like this look, but any coordination of like items would make a unique space.

• User
    3年前

I love it when desks face a window, so that's what I'd do. or a shallow credenza that fits along the right wall. you can never have too much storage!

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

OUCH,,,,,

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

The hanging chair could be fun

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

The ouch was for the comment on death by doors. I like the hanging chair thing that would be very unique

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

My 18-year-old has been asking me to get one for years

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

I love the small leather chair idea. Any chance you can tell me where I can purchase.

• Lala
    3年前

I have no idea where it's from. I found it on Google images. The picture is stamped Traditional Home (magazine). Is it a leather sling chair?

• tozmo1
    3年前

It's a Zaha chair

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thank you

• Lorraine Leroux
    3年前

I had this same set up in my old house as well. This is what happens when older homes get renovated. We decided to give the space to the room next to it and created a large walk in closet and master en-suite. It was well worth the investment on resale.

• Melissa R
    3年前

Doors as SW Iron Ore

Doors with SW Peppercorn

SW Tricorn Black

• anna_682
    3年前

following

• Lala
    3年前

Darker doors make them a more prominent feature, which I don't think is your aim.

• tozmo1
    3年前

I agree, your focal point will be the nice landing once its set up. Do that first then reconsider.

• Deb Mcgrail
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

thank you

PR