Houzz Logo Print
han8521

What type of bamboo is used in this garden?

han8521
3年前

Love this garden. What type of bamboo is this?

Japanese Garden in West Acton · 詳細

コメント (3)

• PRO
    Aoba Landscapes
    3年前

Hi there - it is called Phyllostachys aurea (Golden bamboo). It was already in the garden when we started and we just pruned it into shape. If planting one I would always recommend putting it inside a bamboo barrier as they can spread and become invasive otherwise.

• han8521
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

This is so helpful. Thank you for getting back to me!

• Richard Leaman
    2年前

Just DO NOT PLANT ANY BAMBOO ANYWHERE!!! This stuff is an invasive thug and there is no such thing as “clump forming”..it all spreads underground like wildfire. We had to call in contractors to remove a lump under half the size of that in the picture and found it was sending out roots to invade places 3 metres away. It had grown straight through thick concrete foundations of a patio like a drill bit and was heading for the house. It is VERY VERY DANGEROUS STUFF if you have any property anywhere near it and whilst it tempts by waving gently in the breeze and looking attractive, you are letting yourself in for serious damage and huge costs trying to get rid of it…even the smallest piece of root will regrow with astonishing vigour!!! I repeat..DO NOT GROW BAMBOO ANYWHERE FOR ANY REASON!!!!!,