Houzz Logo Print
jesshmansfield

Garage door/exterior color suggestions

Jess M
3年前

We bought this 70s house a few years ago. We’re installing a new garage door this year. We are also unsure about the color. The style we are considering is below. My husband wants black but we’ve have a weird block of white on the windows to left and I’m not sure how that would look. We have an odd color combination going on but I’m not sure how to improve it. Any suggestions? Painting the brink and changing the roof are not in the budget for this year. Thanks!

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3年前

I would go With a dark charcoal instead of black...something a bit more modern..paint trim around garage same white as front windows.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3年前

Did my best just so you can have a visual...you need to also add bigger outdoor lights..

• Elle
    3年前

I think a garage door with windows down both sides or across the top would look better.

• Jess M
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thanks for the visual! That helps. It also seems like an easy solution. Bigger lights are on the list!

• PRO
    Mantell-Hecathorn Builders
    3年前

Hello Jess. What a fun project! We use Northwest Door / Modern Tech for a majority of our garage doors. I have included a link below.

http://www.nwdusa.com/residential/modern-tech/#tab-design

They are both durable and promote energy efficiency. I would suggest having the garage door in a dark bronze rather than the black satin finish. The black satin tends to lean more towards a modern contemporary look.

For the remainder of the exterior, which I know you stated you would do at a later date, I suggest modernizing it with an updated color combination by painting the brick a white with a combination of the dark ore color. I included a rough design concept that might be helpful with the garage door included.

Please send us an email and let us know how it turned out.

The Mantell-Hecathorn Team

• Jess M
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thanks for the suggestions! That color combination looks beautiful! I wish it was in the budget for this year.

• freedomplace1
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

Definitely larger lights and I would go in this direction.

Or a charcoal grey. But I think a red stain like this is so much more fun.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3年前

Iron ore suggested is just a perfect color for your garage door!

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    3年前

LOL she said she wasnt painting this year guys.

I would go with the neutral color that is actually in the photo you posted. I feel like you can paint the door later if you plan to change anything else. I think black is too much and the door will be like HI! I like the color it is now too but I can see a cream color, but then I noticed the gray color is also under the window, so maybe stick to the same tone...taupe if you will.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3年前
    最終更新:3年前

RL,,I know that. My comment read that when she's ready to paint, maybe next year, to look into the Romabio. I'm having her think ahead so in case she does paint, the garage door will work with the new color.

getting a door in one color, and painting it darker isn't the best option. painted doors will fade. so if she knows she's painting in the future, then get the garage door, already painted, that will match

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3年前

I would have your walkway match your brick and paint the gutters charcoal also. Replace the garage lights for something larger

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3年前

Beverly that looks great!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3年前

I believe we are all on the same page!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3年前

that dark door looks great.

Now when it's time to do the brick, you could pick a light gray, bring in new lights, and stain that pink walkway brick color to a charcoal, and bring in the darker stones

do the pathway up to the front door, and do all of the flower beds.

if you want to keep the white, freshen them up like this

or bring in the darker stones

try out some diff grays. (again, Romabio masonry)

• Jess M
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Wow! These suggestions are great! Thank you so much. Yes, I would love to paint the bricks eventually. We have spent a lot on updates on the interior in the last few years are are just holding out for a bit. The garage door is warped and has to be replaced though. I like the idea of getting a garage door with future color in mind and it’s so fun to see how it could look. There are some strange trim pieces around the windows that are white. Should I paint that charcoal as well?

• Jess M
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Beth H. - Thanks so much the Romabio masonry recommendation that is good to know! I like the darker doors with the lighter brick.

Beverly - thanks for the walkway suggestions. That red color has really bugged me these last few years. Haha

PR