Houzz Logo Print
april_conaway

$400 kitchen makeover

April C
4年前

The first picture was from the previous owner. Since we moved in we resurfaced the countertops (concrete), changed out some of the cabinets (taken from the laundry room), painted the cabinets, and installed a new faucet and cabinet hardware. We also installed new flooring but I didn't include that in the price because we changed the whole main level flooring. I'd still like to add a backsplash and some under cabinet lighting, but that will have to wait a bit. I am taking suggestions for backsplash tile, though 😀

コメント (33)

• gawdinfever Z6
    4年前

Very nice!

• PRO
    Labra Design Build
    4年前

Great job!

• ilikefriday
    4年前

Absolutely spectacular!

• Rolo
    4年前

Awesome!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4年前

What does "resurfaced the counters (concrete)" mean please?

• ljptwt7
    4年前

Looks very nice! If it was me I would add my favorite color ( a color you have always loved and will never tire of) in the backsplash if that will work with the rest of your home.

• ljptwt7
    4年前

i should add...See your jars above the cabinets...a light blue like that would look great in a backsplash. (I'm thinking a cool color for your white and concrete)

• tartanmeup
    4年前

Looks fantastic! Congrats.

As for a backsplash, it doesn't have to be tile to be functional and durable. How about removable vinyl paper? Here's just one example but there are dozens from different manufacturers: Spoonflower - mountain

• ljptwt7
    4年前

When I was researching what I could do to my counter, I ran across an old review of several products and Encore was at the top. I was really interested and then found it was discontinued. Interesting to find someone who used it not once but twice! Glad it worked so well for you, it does look really nice. Sad I can't.

• hemina
    4年前

Great job! You’re very handy! I think the pale blue glass would look great as a backsplash.

Wait a few months-maybe past Thanksgiving-and see if the layout works for you first. I’ve got a feeling the stove/sink/dishwasher placement will get to you so I’d hate to see you put in a nice backsplash and then want to move stuff around.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    3年前

Much refreshed! Impressive that you accomplished this on such a small budget. Great job!

• ShadyWillowFarm
    3年前

What a nice update! It’s a great kitchen and the refresh turned out beautifully!

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    3年前

This is fantastic! Awesome use of color and dollars.

• tuesday_2008
    3年前

Great job! Where did you get the jar hanger?

• nicolediane
    3年前

Great gob. The change in cabinets from the laundry room was a really smart decision. I love budget makeovers.

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    3年前

Wow great job!

• April C
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Tuesday_2008, I got them from Facebook marketplace 🙂

• April C
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Hemina, yeah, the layout isn't my favorite, but unfortunately changing it is way out of the budget for several years.

• PRO
    Vanguard Development LA
    3年前

Very nice!

• Maple Kim
    3年前

I love the white on white! Did u use two different shades of white paint? Any tips on using whites on both wall and cabinets?

• User
    3年前

This is gorgeous!!!

• April C
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Maple Kim - eventually I am going to paint the walls a light greige, but this is an open concept area and I just haven't gotten the nerve to attempt to paint the valued ceiling above the stairs 😵. So the walls are the same color as when we bought the house (SW Kestrel White) and the cabinets and trim are BM White Dove because that was the trim color in our old house and it seemed to look okay next to the current wall color. Very scientific, lol.

• Hello Hello
    3年前

Nice job! 👍

• Kris
    3年前

Holy smokes!!!! Just beautiful!!!

• PRO
    User
    3年前

Proof that you don't need to spend an arm and a leg to make a big change.

Great job!

• April C
    質問の投稿者
    3年前

Thank you guys so much. I'm pretty proud of myself so these comments make me happy 😃

• PRO
    Virtuance
    3年前

Awesome work - looks way more open and welcoming!

• pwilliams25
    3年前

Beautiful

• PRO
    Aardvark Architecture
    3年前

Nice work! If you're into contemporary looking backsplashes, I'd highly recommend a glass tile. The depth of the look of those tiles is mesmerizing. But as others have said here, make sure to pick a color you love!

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    3年前

Wow, great work!

• jlj48
    3年前

Looks awesome!

• girlwithtools
    3年前

Way to go!!! The cabinet switch was genius. Thank you for sharing this. Even though the counter treatment may not be available, its got me knowing this could be an option with a different company. I had no idea about this coating-a-counter concept.

PR