Houzz Logo Print
jjlg6280

kitchen island lighting (sizing) help

jjlg6280
4年前

I have a kitchen peninsula that is 8'x36" (kitchen on one side/bar seating other side). I am managing the project from afar and need help sizing my lighting fixture. I'll be using a linear lighting fixture over the bar (3 or 4? lights). How do I determine the appropriate length of the fixture? THANKS!

コメント (5)

• Aglitter
    4年前

I have a peninsula nearly the same size of your island, and my linear lighting runs the entire length.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4年前

It depends on the fixture you choose . So maybe post a pic of the one you want and also some idea of the style of the kitchen

• PRO
    TMK Remodeling
    4年前

subtract 1' from each side, 2' total, fixture length = 6'

jjlg6280さんはTMK Remodelingさんにお礼を言いました
  • btydrvn
    4年前

Sounds like you should center the electric outlet and select the fixture when you are on sight

• PRO
    Mullan Lighting
    4年前

Hi there,

We would recommend between a 29-35 in gap between the surface of the island and the base of the linear light fixture.

Our recommendation is for the light not to measure more than 2/3 of the length of the kitchen island.

To help give a visual reference before installing the fixture, a clever trick is to hang balloons roughly around the size as the chandelier, this will help visualize the space more accurately and help determine is the light will look right.

We have put together a pendant and chandelier measurement and drop height guide to assist with perfecting your dimensions.

https://www.mullanlighting.com/blog/correct-height-hang-pendant-lights-chandeliers/

I hope it works out for you!

Your friends at Mullan Lighting.

PR