Houzz Logo Print
abaker52

Need help with choice of floor colour please.

abaker52
4年前

Have a sunroom that we are about to cover the floor. It runs between the living room and an outdoor covered deck. Will be using hybrid planks and the house is (loosely)

classic Hamptons design. Current choices are a dark charcoal/grey or a spotted gum colour. The deck outside is merbau.. In the long photo the doors on the right and left are/will be white to delineate the space. The black carpet in the photo is there as the boards will butt up to that in a hallway around the corner that leads to a bedroom/bathroom. Any opinions or advice is really appreciated and welcomed.

コメント (11)

• ton12h
    4年前

Personally I like the spotted gum option, I think it blends in nicely with your deck though I think the charcoal would look fine too

abaker52さんはton12hさんにお礼を言いました
  • bigreader
    4年前

Def not the charcoal. The spotted gum is nice but a mid oak would be better.

abaker52さんはbigreaderさんにお礼を言いました
  • abaker52
    質問の投稿者
    4年前

What makes you say mid oak?. Isn't it lighter than the merbau and would just add another colour to the mix.If mid oak do you have an image in mind?

• Anne Monsour
    4年前

Spotted gum - it blends in well with your deck and carpet .

abaker52さんはAnne Monsourさんにお礼を言いました
  • rinked
    4年前

Spotted gum.

abaker52さんはrinkedさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Monia Basso Architects
    4年前

I would go for the spotted gum option to create flow between indoor and outdoor, the social areas of the house. So when you have the doors open, there is a sense of continuity and the spaces feel generous. Monia

abaker52さんはMonia Basso Architectsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4年前

Spotted gum for all of the reasons stated above. The room doesn't look particularly wide or generous and the dark charcoal will make it feel more closed in.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

abaker52さんはDr Retro House Callsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Audrey1967!
    4年前

Agree spotted gum

• PRO
    Lauren Shiels Interior Design
    4年前

The Spotted Gum would be gorgeous! Great choice! :)

• Lisa Bird
    4年前

Spotted gum, suit your style better, the charcoal too modern